Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TNT FAN

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TNT FAN

  1. I am going to go in the opposite direction of most people and say that Corbin wins this one going away. There is just too much firepower in the backfield for Corbin. Corbin 49 Prestonsburg 14
  2. Corbin’s seniors will be playing their last game on their home field. I look for an inspired performance to take them onto the next round. A steady dose of Caleb Watkins and company on the ground will be too much for Shelby Valley to handle. Corbin wins somewhere in the neighborhood of 28 points.
  3. All-in-all I thought it was a pretty good called game. Anyone that is blaming the officiating for the loss is out of their mind. South got more than their fair share of calls and non-calls. Corbin made more plays down the stretch and deserved the victory. The draw today will be very interesting.
  4. Corbin 14 21 12 19 66 South Laurel 11 18 13 16 58 Corbin (66) Wilson 6, Johnson 24, J. Smith 6, Manns 15, J. Crawford 15, L. Crawford 0, Hendrickson 0, T. Smith 0 South Laurel (58) Dean 13, Watkins 3, Gilbert 7, Smith 10, St. John 25, Huff 0
  5. Josh Crawford is a great kid. Any school that gets him will get more that just a good basketball player. I thought Madison Johnson showed signs of turning into a good defender. He guarded Stanford pretty well in the second half. I agree with earlier post in the fact that players like Josh Smith, Blake Hendrickson, Lee Crawford and Aaron Manns are essential pieces to the Redhound team. They each bring something different to this team. Isaac Wilson also did some great things against their press and on defense. Josh Crawford is a great kid. Any school that gets him will get more that just a good basketball player. Great win for the Redhounds. :thumb:
  6. In most every publication that I have seen Lexington Catholic is rated as one of the top 5 teams in the state. It will be a tough test for the Redhounds. I would love to see them pull the upset.
  7. Hard to call a tournament a "homer" tournament when the home team hasn't won it in like 3 or 4 years. Didn't Evans, Florida win it last year? That's a long way from home.
  8. First, let me say that I love this time of year. The Cumberland Falls is always a great tournament. The Varsity Club does a great job of putting together teams for the tournament. I really thought that the coaching staff and players from Gaffney got too caught up in the officating. Too much bickering with the officals and not enough playing. The guard from Gaffney really put on a show, but in the end Knox Central was the better team.
  9. Sewell, Taylor and Watkins have speed! Better take a good angle on those boys or they can make you look silly. I really like the combo of speed and power that Corbin can throw at you. I agree with earlier post in the fact that this group of Redhounds is all about teamwork. On any given night they can throw a variety of options at you and all those options present different problems for the opposing team. I still feel that a couple of trick plays, and some passes to the two big tights ends, French and/or Manns, will lead to a Redhound victory. Stay focused guys and take us back to the carpet!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Coach Farris and Coach Jewell will have a few tricks up thier sleeve. I say Corbin gets 14 points on two different "trick" plays and pulls out the win. A reverse on the kick-off, or a fake punt very well could make the difference. Corbin 28 Newport Central Catholic 27
  11. Corbin wins going away. The Hounds and their coaching staff will have a few tricks up their sleeve, which will lead to some easy scores and make the difference in the game. Corbin 31 Prestonburg 12
  12. It will be exciting to see Lance playing quarterback this season. He has a tremendous amount of athletic ability and I am sure that Coach Farris will love the fact he can add some new twist to the offensive side of the ball. I'm sure that all the kids and coaches are working hard and I can't wait to see them take the field. Keep up the hard work! :thumb:
  13. Coach Pietrowski has two very good assistants. He added Brent West to his staff which has helped him greatly. You must not watch time-outs to closely because most of the time the coaches seem to talk off to the side before Coach P addresses his team. Dogman dragging Willard Farris's name into the thread answers a lot of questions as to why he finds himself second guessing Coach P's ability.
  14. Amazing how some of you are willing to throw Coach Pietrowski under the bus after this loss. He won 24 games and made it to the region finals last year playing with basically all sophomores and freshman. He beat the second best team (Bell County) and had South Laurel on the ropes. He won 25 games this year with his best player out until Christmas and only about 75 percent the remainder of the year. His team had to beat Clay County, Knox Central on their home floor, and had a 13 point lead in the fourth quarter of the South Laurel Game. Are we as fan upset that we lost to South the way that we did? My answer would be yes, but Coach Pietrowski does an exceptional job on the bench. He is one of better coaches in Eastern Kentucky if not the entire state. I agree with others in their analysis of South Laurels coaching staff. They have proven themselves to be the best/one of the best in the state. This is no reason however to dismantle the job the Coach P and his staff has done. I for one would like to thank Coach P, his staff, and players. Keep your heads up and work hard in the off season. :thumb:
  15. Andrew for a Corbin fan you post a lot of negative comments. Maybe you are Bobby Keith in disguise? Corbin has played as well as anyone in the 13th region this year. They are 23-7 any have only lost to two teams in the state of Kentucky. Josh Crawford has battled extremely hard to return from his injury and has played extremely well of late. I take him over many other top ranked players in the region. Why do you continue to bring up potential and team chemistry? I would rather play the type of schedule that Corbin plays and take a few loses that prepare you for the post season.
  16. Sports Overtime had a great angle of the last play. They showed it in slow motion and like many on this website agreed that the correct call was made. Great effort by both teams.
  17. First things first, officiating is a thankless job. I often hear people complain about the fact that there is a decline the level of officiating in our state. I think that is in direct correlation with the complaining by fans, coaches, and anyone else that thinks they could have done it better. Officials miss calls, but I rarely have seen a blatant attempt to cheat teams, coaches, and/or players. I find myself often questioning calls (yelling) at the games, but if I was put in some of the situations that officials are put in: Coaches yelling at them, fans screaming at them, players giving them strange looks, and then wondering if when I got home how many people would bad mouth me on certain websites, I would crack under the pressure. I for one think we should show these guys more support, before we are left with a group that cannot perform to the level of basketball that most of our high school teams are now playing. I will leave you with this: Did Madison Central get some bad calls? Yes they did. A few fouls could have been overlooked. A few fouls on Corbin that were not called. Did Corbin get some bad calls? Yes they did. A time out was given to Madison Central during a crucial part of the game and Corbin had taken possession of the ball. The no call when Madison Central’s big man should have got his 5th foul. In the end, I still feel that Corbin got themselves to the foul line by driving towars the basket and Madison Central settled for jump shots. It was a great game in an exciting atmosphere. I think that both teams will improve as the season continues, and could very well make it to Rupp. Good luck tonight Hounds! Beat the Jags! :thumb:
  18. The difference in my opinion was the fact that Madison Central played pressing man-to-man defense the entire night. They also seemed to get away from taking the ball inside after the first quarter. Corbin played zone a majority of the night, which out of character for them by the way. They also took the ball inside on about every possession. Both teams could argue, and if fact did, they were not happy with the calls. I was impressed with Corbin’s team tonight. If they continue to improve and get Josh Crawford back they will be hard to handle. Both teams have a bright season ahead of them.
  19. Maybe Coach P asked him to sit on the bench in an effort to match the number of coaches that Steve Wright has with him? Good luck Hounds! Beat the Cards!
  20. Usually I try to get on here and make a some what impartial post and see both sides of the story, but I am going to waiver from that tonight. First things first, this is only my second time seeing Corbin in action this year. I am impressed with their team. The absents of Josh Crawford will only make them stronger in the long run. They are very deep and seem to enjoy playing with each other. That’s a great combination to have in high school basketball. As for Les’s take on the officials. I really didn’t see anything that out of the ordinary. Especially to the extent that Les continues to bring up. Corbin had 4 players on the bench with at least two fouls on them in the first half. Corbin also received a technical foul in a situation that could have easily been called a double technical. I could only guess the number of fouls shots Buckhorn shot during the first half, but It seemed far greater than Corbin. The officiating wasn’t bad tonight and I would dare say that Buckhorn wouldn’t complain if asked. That is my two cents on the matter. Good luck hounds! Beat those Cardinals!
  21. I look for the Redhounds to have a great season. If the fans will stay patient and remain behind the players, and coaches they could exceed most expectations placed on them. Coach Jewell and his staff continue to run a top notch program and we would have to look long and hard to find a group that is more dedicated and determined than them. Placing the weight of the world on Clint’s shoulders is somewhat unfair in my opinion. He is an extremely talented player, and has the ability to lead his team to great things, but he cannot do it alone. He always gives 110 percent on every play. With his leadership and the talent level of the players around him the Redhound faithful should have a lot to cheer about this season. Keep working hard players and coaches! The BIG RED NATION is behind you! :thumb:
  22. Bottom line Les...woulda, coulda, shoulda gave Corbin a chance to win the game if the officials would have seen it. It would, could, should be a big factor in the last play. Much easier to defend six on five. Corbin missed thier foul shots and South did not. That was one factor in Corbin lossing, but please don't act like it was the only one.
  23. I am still in shock that South had six players on the floor on the last play. How did this happen to them? That would have been a tough pill for them to swallow.
  24. Do the coaches vote to keep or exchange officials? Why is this practice not used in district play?
  25. Les you still haven't answered my question.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.