Knox Central 86 Gaffney, SC 78

4chs

Knox Central gets the win, but they had way too much help in my opinion. I was actually a little embarrassed by the whole situation, let the players decide the outcome. In the long run, games such as this and other home cooking type games hurt the receiving team when they go away from the area to play, as KC found out last week.

First, let me say that I love this time of year. The Cumberland Falls is always a great tournament. The Varsity Club does a great job of putting together teams for the tournament.

I really thought that the coaching staff and players from Gaffney got too caught up in the officating. Too much bickering with the officals and not enough playing.

The guard from Gaffney really put on a show, but in the end Knox Central was the better team.

Knox Central gets the win, but they had way too much help in my opinion. I was actually a little embarrassed by the whole situation, let the players decide the outcome. In the long run, games such as this and other home cooking type games hurt the receiving team when they go away from the area to play, as KC found out last week.

Bad officiating will make it much more difficult to get out of state teams to come and play in a tournament.

What team wants to travel a great distance only to find out that the players will not be allowed to decide the outcome of the game?

For the past few years, the CFIT has earned the rep of being a homer tourny when it comes to officials. Unitl they bring in outside officials it will be tough to bring in good outside teams, ask Dixie Heights.

The Varsity Club does a great job, Kudos to them for all the work that they do for all the kids at Corbin.

For the past few years, the CFIT has earned the rep of being a homer tourny when it comes to officials. Unitl they bring in outside officials it will be tough to bring in good outside teams, ask Dixie Heights.

The Varsity Club does a great job, Kudos to them for all the work that they do for all the kids at Corbin.

Dixie has their name on the wall as well as Champions. So what is the point? If you are good enough you win. If not then blame the officals. Things seem to be improving the last few years with regards to the whole tournament.

Dixie Heights won the tournament the last three times they were in it(probably the only three times they were in it)and I saw them beat Corbin three times in games that I thought were evenly called(and I will speak out if I think that Corbin has had help). I don't see how they could have much to complain about as I'm sure that if someone wanted them to lose, they would have lost.

Bubba

I'm hoping to cover Corbin/Lex Cath Saturday after coming back from vacation, but I'm still sitting at home until Jan. 3. But with that big old school snowstorm being forecasted Friday night and Saturday, im not sure. I hope you had a good Christmas

I think it is more off an issue with out of state teams. They are typically the ones with the complaints most of the time. IMO they are very warranted. They usually get the shaft just as Gaffney did yesterday.

Any teams from outside the 13th or outside the state that go to Corbin and Clay Co. can expect to get the short end of officiating if they have the usual suspects calling the games. It's a shame but true.

Any teams from outside the 13th or outside the state that go to Corbin and Clay Co. can expect to get the short end of officiating if they have the usual suspects calling the games. It's a shame but true.

Neither Clay Co. or Corbin are favorites with 13th region officials at this time, both get very little home cooking as others have taken up those positions. It seems to me that certain coaches(i.e. Keith, Hicks, Wright...) instead of certain schools seem to get the benefit of the calls, much the same as college basketball.

Hard to call a tournament a "homer" tournament when the home team hasn't won it in like 3 or 4 years.

Didn't Evans, Florida win it last year? That's a long way from home.

Sometimes even the Homer refs they get down there (and they are homers and everbody knows it) cant make enough bad calls to take a game from a determined, diciplined team.

Sometimes even the Homer refs they get down there (and they are homers and everbody knows it) cant make enough bad calls to take a game from a determined, diciplined team.

Corbin has only won their tourney once, maybe twice in the last 10 years...........I guess they need to get better "homer" refs.