Open Job: Dixie Heights

7 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

If true, could this indicate a cleaning of house at Dixie? If Brossart and Elkin are both gone, who remains with the ability to lead the ship? Nick Rice? If no one, does someone come in and bring in a whole new staff? 

I believe Rice is not allowed because he is a principal.

2 hours ago, The Raven said:

Is this the same Nick Rice that used to be a Newport?

Wow. He was a tremendous football player. Now he is a Principal?  Good grief I feel old. I am sure he is an excellent leader. Absolute warrior between the white lines. 

3 hours ago, Brcatz said:

Trevor Stellman from TMU?

I'd be a little surprised based on the tone of his letter of resignation. He's leaving go pursue his "professional life" and spend more time with his 3 little boys. Not that teaching high school isn't a profession....it certainly is....but I'd think he'd say pursuing his "career as an educator" or something along that line.

Regardless, dropping from NAIA to high school would definitely remove time spent on recruitment from your schedule.

Anyone else heard anything on this?

6 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'd be a little surprised based on the tone of his letter of resignation. He's leaving go pursue his "professional life" and spend more time with his 3 little boys. Not that teaching high school isn't a profession....it certainly is....but I'd think he'd say pursuing his "career as an educator" or something along that line.

Regardless, dropping from NAIA to high school would definitely remove time spent on recruitment from your schedule.

Anyone else heard anything on this?

I'm guessing the move to D2 might have had something to do with him stepping down. D2 requires even more recruiting and casting a wider net, so I get the time aspect. While not impossible, it just doesn't seem like the logical next move to pursue his professional life and spend more time with his kids. 

On 12/18/2021 at 8:23 AM, MaddenCurse44 said:

They should hire Shane Elkin he is an assistant coach there and has head coaching experience. 

We can remove Elkin's name from the list. He was just announced as head coach at Goshen High School in Ohio.

Mr. Shane Elkin Named Head Football Coach

Elkin
Goshen Local Schools is excited to announce Mr. Shane Elkin was hired as our new Head Varsity Football coach at the Monday, January 10, Board of Education meeting.

Goshen Local Schools is excited to announce Mr. Shane Elkin was hired as our new Head Varsity Football coach at the Monday, January 10, Board of Education meeting.  Coach Elkin brings a wealth of experience and football knowledge to the Goshen Warrior Football Program.

Over the past 25+ seasons, Coach Elkin has served many roles on coaching staffs around the city, including, Thomas More University, Winton Woods HS, Dixie Heights HS, Simon Kenton HS, McNicholas HS, and head coach at Milford High School. Coach Elkin is not a new face to the Warrior Football program as he served as our Defensive Coordinator during the 2016-2018 seasons on Coach Ryan George’s staff.

When asked why he applied for the job and what he is most excited about, Coach Elkin said “During the three years I coached defense at Goshen, our defensive players earned fifty-two postseason honors, including six All-District, three All-State, and one “That’s My Boy” finalist.  That speaks volumes of the type of student-athletes Goshen produces. What is most exciting to me is the type of support the administration provides for the student-athletes and the pride the community has in its rich football tradition.  I am very excited to get started and can't wait to see the Friday night lights on and the stands packed at Jim Brown Stadium this fall.” 

“Coach Elkin will be an excellent leader for our football program,” athletic director Scott Wake said. “His experience at the high school level around the city will help him to continue to elevate our program at all levels.”

Superintendent Darrell Edwards said, "Coach Elkin is an outstanding football coach.  His work over the last 25+ seasons made this an easy decision. Nobody has ever had anything but praise for him either as a football coach, person, or teacher. Shane will be a tremendous addition to our athletic program, but more importantly a great role model for our kids."

Coach Elkin will hold a prospective player meeting on Tuesday, January 11, 2022, for all interested athletes.  Offseason weight lifting and conditioning expectations will be discussed as well as his goals for the program moving forward.  A parent meeting will be announced in the near future as well.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2