Open Job: Dixie Heights

5 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

The Dixie contingent is quiet here. I'm really curious as to what the status is of the rest of Brossart's staff and if any of that crew is even in consideration/being interviewed for the position.

I'm not positive what the entirety of Brossart's staff looked like this year, but I believe he had at least these 7 as assistants...

Jordan Catchen
Derek Bosse
Bill Vaughn
Jamey Dalzell
Shane Elkin
Greg Ryan
Tyler Kratzenberg

I don't think Nick Rice was on staff this last season, but don't hold me to that.

25 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm not positive what the entirety of Brossart's staff looked like this year, but I believe he had at least these 7 as assistants...

Jordan Catchen
Derek Bosse
Bill Vaughn
Jamey Dalzell
Shane Elkin
Greg Ryan
Tyler Kratzenberg

I don't think Nick Rice was on staff this last season, but don't hold me to that.

I know I seen him on the sidelines.

40 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Danny Woolley was the running backs coach at SK the last year or two. I'd be curious to know if he's thrown his hat in the ring for this one. He did some really good things as head coach at Scott, he knows the KCSD system, and now he has some experience coaching in a 6A school.

I don’t think his reason and situation for stepping down at Scott has changed. His kids are still young. And SK is really close to home. Head coach at Dixie is a bigger time commitment and further from home. If he wasn’t interested in the SK job (and I don’t know if that was or wasn’t the case), I don’t think he’d be more interested in the Dixie job.

I’d love to see him as a head coach again somewhere.

59 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Jordan Catchen
Derek Bosse
Bill Vaughn
Jamey Dalzell
Shane Elkin
Greg Ryan
Tyler Kratzenberg

Nick Rice was more or less a game day coach for Dixie the last couple years due to time constraints from being a principal. Nick’s son is a really solid player at Dixie. 

Great coach who is an absolute warrior but I doubt he would leave his position to go back to full time coaching. JMO. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Maybe Dixie is doing a good job keeping this process completely private but maybe there isn't much meaningful interest in the job.  Hopefully it is the privacy thing, otherwise I am concerned. 

I hear ya.

• Like 1

Just now, theguru said:

Maybe Dixie is doing a good job keeping this process completely private but maybe there isn't much meaningful interest in the job.  Hopefully it is the privacy thing, otherwise I am concerned. 

I would have to think there's been plenty of interest. Information has seemed hard to come by for any of the Kenton County Schools. The wasn't much chatter about SK when Marksberry stepped down (although it seems like his successor was pretty much pre determined), and we all know how long it took Scott to finally make a decision and how little talk there was a few years ago when they were looking for a new HC. I think it's just par for the course.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

I would have to think there's been plenty of interest. Information has seemed hard to come by for any of the Kenton County Schools. The wasn't much chatter about SK when Marksberry stepped down (although it seems like his successor was pretty much pre determined), and we all know how long it took Scott to finally make a decision and how little talk there was a few years ago when they were looking for a new HC. I think it's just par for the course.

I truly hope you are right and there is a ton of interest. I hope that for every job because I know how valuable good coaches are and athletics are for young people. However, based on my experience I think people would be very surprised how few, and honestly how low quality, candidates there are for coaching jobs. It sucks to say it, but that industry just isn’t that appealing like it used to be. 

25 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I truly hope you are right and there is a ton of interest. I hope that for every job because I know how valuable good coaches are and athletics are for young people. However, based on my experience I think people would be very surprised how few, and honestly how low quality, candidates there are for coaching jobs. It sucks to say it, but that industry just isn’t that appealing like it used to be. 

It be an interesting thread to tackle the unfortunate realism of your comment, regarding the supply of high qualified coaches that are out there.

What could we (we = in a very broad term, citizens, parents of schools, parents of players, Boards of Ed, KHSAA, etc) do to pump up and build a better (more of) supply of quality coaches?  You could probably replace coaches with officials as well and start a thread for them as well.....

5 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

It be an interesting thread to tackle the unfortunate realism of your comment, regarding the supply of high qualified coaches that are out there.

What could we (we = in a very broad term, citizens, parents of schools, parents of players, Boards of Ed, KHSAA, etc) do to pump up and build a better (more of) supply of quality coaches?  You could probably replace coaches with officials as well and start a thread for them as well.....

Kim Kardashian Reality Show GIF - Kim Kardashian Reality Show Keep Up With The Kardashians GIFs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Kim Kardashian Reality Show GIF - Kim Kardashian Reality Show Keep Up With The Kardashians GIFs

Money is always nice. But the reality is the expectations and time commitment has really changed over the years. My first varsity job as a DB coach in southeastern Pa almost 30 years ago was way different in terms of time. No spring football, no June practice, practice starting in early August, we actually had lots of time off. It’s literally year round now. And there’s way more stress and scrutiny from parents and administration. It’s a really tough, thankless job.

4 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Money is always nice. But the reality is the expectations and time commitment has really changed over the years. My first varsity job as a DB coach in southeastern Pa almost 30 years ago was way different in terms of time. No spring football, no June practice, practice starting in early August, we actually had lots of time off. It’s literally year round now. And there’s way more stress and scrutiny from parents and administration. It’s a really tough, thankless job.

I agree, coaching is a full time job on top of other school responsibilities and the pay should reflect it.  I have said it before, the pay for a head high school football coach should start at 100k and go up from there.  I know some of you will roll your eyes but think about how many "administrators" make that kind of money in our school systems. 

• Like 2