Open Job: Dixie Heights

59 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Also the name I was given. Played for Lynn Ray at Cov Cath, and played college ball at Union College. Started as an assistant at Grant County, then Lloyd Memorial, and then at Cov Cath on Dave Wirth's staff.

Took over as head coach at New Richmond in for the 2018 season.

2018: 6-3-1

2019: 5-5

2020: 5-3

2021: 4-5

Knowing nothing about New Richmond, those records are not inspiring.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Knowing nothing about New Richmond, those records are not inspiring.

I assume someone will correct me but I don't remember New Richmond ever being any good in football so maybe the record isn't as bad as it seems. 

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Also the name I was given. Played for Lynn Ray at Cov Cath, and played college ball at Union College. Started as an assistant at Grant County, then Lloyd Memorial, and then at Cov Cath on Dave Wirth's staff.

Took over as head coach at New Richmond in for the 2018 season.

2018: 6-3-1

2019: 5-5

2020: 5-3

2021: 4-5

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I assume someone will correct me but I don't remember New Richmond ever being any good in football so maybe the record isn't as bad as it seems. 

Per https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/new-richmond-lions-(new-richmond,oh)/football/home.htm

2021 head coach was not Burke, it was Joshua Stratton, who was also the coach before Burke. These records are New Richmond with Stratton as head coach before Burke:

2017: 9-3

2016: 10-2

2015: 7-4

2014: 7-3

2013: 9-1

Last year was their first losing record since 2006. Looking at the records and coaches involved, it looks like New Richmond did not like how things were going with Burke and brought Stratton back. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Per https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/new-richmond-lions-(new-richmond,oh)/football/home.htm

2021 head coach was not Burke, it was Joshua Stratton, who was also the coach before Burke. These records are New Richmond with Stratton as head coach before Burke:

2017: 9-3

2016: 10-2

2015: 7-4

2014: 7-3

2013: 9-1

Last year was their first losing record since 2006. Looking at the records and coaches involved, it looks like New Richmond did not like how things were going with Burke and brought Stratton back. 

Max preps is wrong. Burke was the coach this past season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know I am in the minority here, but to me, in High School, record shouldn't be important.  If a kid comes in as a freshman and 4 years later they are a better player, graduating and going to college or a profession, the coach has done their job.  Whether undefeated or winless.   If your candidate can do that, hire them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Builder1214 said:

Max preps is wrong. Burke was the coach this past season. 

5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Correct.

Thanks for the correction. That certainly changes my post that New Richmond moved away from Burke. 

Hopefully the New Richmond records posted above are accurate.