Formula for winning cold November playoff games

Tigerpride94

Maybe not the best game to use as an example, but the weather was terrible at Beechwood last Friday. Cold and raining during a big chunk of the game.

Cam Hergott 7/11 164 yards, 4 TD's

Freshman QB Clay Hayden (vs Holy Cross starters) 4/8 100 yards, 1 TD

There are probably more competitive games from last Friday that had bad weather that could provide more examples. Bad weather can make passing less effective but teams that pass the ball can and will do so well regardless of the cold.

• Like 1

Want the right formula for winning in November?

1. Protect the football.

2. Win the LOS.

3. You don't have to win the game, but don't lose the game in Special Teams.

If you win the turnover battle, win the LOS on both sides of the ball, and don't hurt yourself in Special Teams you are going to win nearly every time.. bad weather or not.

I have seen nasty weather impede the run game just as much as a passing game. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Want the right formula for winning in November?

1. Protect the football.

2. Win the LOS.

3. You don't have to win the game, but don't lose the game in Special Teams.

If you win the turnover battle, win the LOS on both sides of the ball, and don't hurt yourself in Special Teams you are going to win nearly every time.. bad weather or not.

I have seen nasty weather impede the run game just as much as a passing game. 

I agree especially special teams. St. X got the win Friday against Manual but if they lost it was because had punt blocked that set up short porch and Manual scored. 

• Like 2

Brady Clark of Bardstown completed 8 passes for 171 yards on a nasty, rainy, cold Friday night last week.  Agree that teams that can pass the ball can continue to pass the ball.  Agreed that Special teams and not making mistakes are a major key in the outcome of the game.  Bardstown versus Glasgow looks like a great matchup on paper.  But as you know, the game is won on the field.  Look forward to seeing what happens on Friday night. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:45 PM, Hearsay said:

Cold usually not as big an issue as wind.

There was several minutes during the Boyle/LexCath game that it was almost impossible to throw a pass.  I'm not really a 3 yards and a cloud of dust kinda guy but it's nice to be able to run the ball right down another teams throat when you are up late in a tight game and need to just finish the game out. 

• Like 2