Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 79 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

36 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I believe so.  I heard Calipari say it on the radio while I was driving home before the game started.  Said "the other three coaches wanted to get him a bottle of bourbon and of course they made me do it.  We got him a bottle of Pappy.  And I told him that if he doesn't drink bourbon, save it and give it to me when I retire".

 

1 minute ago, PurplePride92 said:

Pretty cool stuff, Cal!  

It's a heck of a gift, but I'm beyond not prepared for the Coach K farewell tour. I know more and more in sports have gone this "last hurrah" approach, but it's miserable, IMO. 

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    Good game last night.  UK fans should be optimistic. They have a good team and should have a good season. Loads of depth with shooters.  They’ll be fine.     Duke has some grown men out there.

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Quick thoughts. I like how hard this UK team plays. Oscar is a rebounding machine. I do think we have 3 point shooters this year. UK is going to be dang good this year and will have a shot to make a r

  • GrizzlyAdams
    GrizzlyAdams

    Just the way I like it. 

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Interesting. I did not see that.

I did.  i thought he was just kind of choked up emotionally this going into his final season.  Maybe I misread that for something else.  Also, he was very horse.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

With you with all of this. I was impressed with both teams.

I don't keep up with recruits until they play in college, but I have a hard time thinking anyone in the country is better than Banchero. Once he gets a bit more comfortable, that is an NBA guy playing against college kids. Looked like Carmello Anthony with the ability to dominate the game on all three levels. He has no business being in college.

I was thinking Durant watching Banchero last night. My very early pick for college player of the year after watching him last night against what I thought was very good defense by UK.

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I was thinking Durant watching Banchero last night. My very early pick for college player of the year after watching him last night against what I thought was very good defense by UK.

This dude is a man. I bet he outweighs Durant by 40 lbs when he was a Freshman.

Ky got caught with a mismatch several times because of a switch on the high post pick and roll, happened time after time, you have to hedge that screen and not switch, this minor adjustment should have been made during the game, hedge the screen and you keep the same matchups, and also no changes on defense, just all man to man and Ky couldn’t defend Duke this way but continued to get beat all night long.

If Tshiebwe rebounds, especially on the offensive end, like that against Duke and their size, I have to wonder how well he'll do against others.

Also, I feel like occassionally Wheeler could benefit from slowing down sometimes.  Seemed like he only had one speed.

One thing should be certain, they should be enjoyable to watch this season.  They got a lot of fight in them I feel like.

I don’t know if I’m drinking the Kool-aid or seeing the forest through the trees but I think this team has most of the pieces, they just don’t fit together yet. I think the more they play, the more that they’ll figure it out.  I couldn’t shake the feeling that this team could be like Villanova the last time they won it all.  They just didn’t have a space eater quite like Tshiebwe.

 

15 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

If Tshiebwe rebounds, especially on the offensive end, like that against Duke and their size, I have to wonder how well he'll do against others.

Also, I feel like occassionally Wheeler could benefit from slowing down sometimes.  Seemed like he only had one speed.

One thing should be certain, they should be enjoyable to watch this season.  They got a lot of fight in them I feel like.

Tshiebwe said he wants 20 a game.  I believe him. 

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I was thinking Durant watching Banchero last night. My very early pick for college player of the year after watching him last night against what I thought was very good defense by UK.

It was just one game, but he may be the best freshman I seen in college basketball in a couple years. If he plays to his potential, he is impossible to stop. He looked amazing. I agree with you on player of the year. 

On 11/10/2021 at 10:39 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I believe so.  I heard Calipari say it on the radio while I was driving home before the game started.  Said "the other three coaches wanted to get him a bottle of bourbon and of course they made me do it.  We got him a bottle of Pappy.  And I told him that if he doesn't drink bourbon, save it and give it to me when I retire".

If UK isn't any better this year than last year, Cal will need the bottle of bourbon this year.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:23 AM, PurplePride92 said:

Anyone else see the postgame interview with Coach K?  Seemed like he couldn’t finish his thoughts.  I think Scheyer might already be taking on some coaching responsibilities.   

Ugh, I hope it's nothing but being tired or something. 

14 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

If UK isn't any better this year than last year, Cal will need the bottle of bourbon this year.

Don't think we are going to have to worry about that "If".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.