Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 79 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

Usually this time or the year we say “we’re young.”  But I think Duke was actually younger, I could be wrong.  When is UK’s next real test?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    Good game last night.  UK fans should be optimistic. They have a good team and should have a good season. Loads of depth with shooters.  They’ll be fine.     Duke has some grown men out there.

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Quick thoughts. I like how hard this UK team plays. Oscar is a rebounding machine. I do think we have 3 point shooters this year. UK is going to be dang good this year and will have a shot to make a r

  • GrizzlyAdams
    GrizzlyAdams

    Just the way I like it. 

I would like to see Washington, Frederick, Grandy, Allen and Oscar on the floor offensively. That lineup could put up some points.

3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Where was Allen tonight?

When should he really have played?   I am not criticizing your question just thinking out loud.  Roach and Keels would have eaten him alive 

1 minute ago, John Anthony said:

Usually this time or the year we say “we’re young.”  But I think Duke was actually younger, I could be wrong.  When is UK’s next real test?

Beat Miles by 9, so who knows. 

Duke was impressive attacking the basket.  Kentucky seemed to fade on shots and avoid contact with the exception of Oscar.  Free Throw difference was earned unfortunately for Kentucky.  
Duke played high level defense until the shot went up.  Oscar was the equalizer with the offensive boards.  

Just now, cincyswords said:

When should he really have played?   I am not criticizing your question just thinking out loud.  Roach and Keels would have eaten him alive 

Nobody else was stopping Keels either so non issue on that. 

5 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Usually this time or the year we say “we’re young.”  But I think Duke was actually younger, I could be wrong.  When is UK’s next real test?

Dec 11th at Notre Dame

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Nobody else was stopping Keels either so non issue on that. 

On both ends. He would have struggled with the Duke defense.  My opinion not necessarily right.  

1 minute ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Dec 11th at Notre Dame

Notre Dame is bottom half ACC. Not really going to be good.  Probably a 17 and 13 or 16 and 14 team.   

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Where was Allen tonight?

I have to imagine that Cal didn’t think he would match up well with the speed and physicality that the game was being played with. Same thing with Fredrick, and the center Collins who was a top recruit. Tyty was basically the only freshman that really played tonight. So I’m thinking and hoping it was just a match up thing for why Allen didn’t play, because Allen, Fredrick, and Collins are 3 guys IMO that need to play this year. 

1 minute ago, cincyswords said:

On both ends. He would have struggled with the Duke defense.  My opinion not necessarily right.  

So nothing wrong with Allen health wise. Just not good enough. In that case, he should move on. If he can't get into a 10 man rotation, he should transfer. 

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

I have to imagine that Cal didn’t think he would match up well with the speed and physicality that the game was being played with. Same thing with Fredrick, and the center Collins who was a top recruit. Tyty was basically the only freshman that really played tonight. So I’m thinking and hoping it was just a match up thing for why Allen didn’t play, because Allen, Fredrick, and Collins are 3 guys IMO that need to play this year. 

I was assuming Frederick didn't play due to health issue. If he was ready to go and didn't play, that is not good for him either.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

I was assuming Frederick didn't play due to health issue. If he was ready to go and didn't play, that is not good for him either.

I think he has only ran full practices the last couple of days.

Just like most teams the last few years, the 17 minute to 12 minute mark second halves is a dry spell.

Duke hit contested shots, UK couldn't...that was the difference. While much better than last year, UK still struggles to score 10 feet in. Missed floaters, lose the ball under the basket, tip ins missed over and over.

Duke score half dozen points off of out of bounds plays, another habitual shortcoming for us.

Probably lose 7 to 10 games, but could be dangerous in March.

Go Cats!

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

So nothing wrong with Allen health wise. Just not good enough. In that case, he should move on. If he can't get into a 10 man rotation, he should transfer. 

Again I don't know how he fits into the big picture.  There is a lot of talent on this UK team this season.  He is a talented basketball player but does a CJ Fredrick fill the role that maybe he would have filled?  I just think there are a ton of questions with this team as well as Duke as well as  most teams to be answered over the next month or so.  Injuries (see UCLA) in the early months will also contribute to who is getting the opportunities to make contributions.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.