Duke 79 Kentucky 71

16thBBall Fan

Duke was impressive attacking the basket.  Kentucky seemed to fade on shots and avoid contact with the exception of Oscar.  Free Throw difference was earned unfortunately for Kentucky.  
Duke played high level defense until the shot went up.  Oscar was the equalizer with the offensive boards.  

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Where was Allen tonight?

I have to imagine that Cal didn’t think he would match up well with the speed and physicality that the game was being played with. Same thing with Fredrick, and the center Collins who was a top recruit. Tyty was basically the only freshman that really played tonight. So I’m thinking and hoping it was just a match up thing for why Allen didn’t play, because Allen, Fredrick, and Collins are 3 guys IMO that need to play this year. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

I have to imagine that Cal didn’t think he would match up well with the speed and physicality that the game was being played with. Same thing with Fredrick, and the center Collins who was a top recruit. Tyty was basically the only freshman that really played tonight. So I’m thinking and hoping it was just a match up thing for why Allen didn’t play, because Allen, Fredrick, and Collins are 3 guys IMO that need to play this year. 

I was assuming Frederick didn't play due to health issue. If he was ready to go and didn't play, that is not good for him either.

• Like 2

Just like most teams the last few years, the 17 minute to 12 minute mark second halves is a dry spell.

Duke hit contested shots, UK couldn't...that was the difference. While much better than last year, UK still struggles to score 10 feet in. Missed floaters, lose the ball under the basket, tip ins missed over and over.

Duke score half dozen points off of out of bounds plays, another habitual shortcoming for us.

Probably lose 7 to 10 games, but could be dangerous in March.

Go Cats!

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

So nothing wrong with Allen health wise. Just not good enough. In that case, he should move on. If he can't get into a 10 man rotation, he should transfer. 

Again I don't know how he fits into the big picture.  There is a lot of talent on this UK team this season.  He is a talented basketball player but does a CJ Fredrick fill the role that maybe he would have filled?  I just think there are a ton of questions with this team as well as Duke as well as  most teams to be answered over the next month or so.  Injuries (see UCLA) in the early months will also contribute to who is getting the opportunities to make contributions.  

• Like 1