Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 79 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

Good game last night.  UK fans should be optimistic. They have a good team and should have a good season. Loads of depth with shooters.  They’ll be fine.  
 

Duke has some grown men out there.  Hopefully they can stay unselfish and grow as a group.  I like what I saw last night.  

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    Good game last night.  UK fans should be optimistic. They have a good team and should have a good season. Loads of depth with shooters.  They’ll be fine.     Duke has some grown men out there.

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    Quick thoughts. I like how hard this UK team plays. Oscar is a rebounding machine. I do think we have 3 point shooters this year. UK is going to be dang good this year and will have a shot to make a r

  • GrizzlyAdams
    GrizzlyAdams

    Just the way I like it. 

Anyone else see the postgame interview with Coach K?  Seemed like he couldn’t finish his thoughts.  I think Scheyer might already be taking on some coaching responsibilities.   

7 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Usually this time or the year we say “we’re young.”  But I think Duke was actually younger, I could be wrong.  When is UK’s next real test?

March

7 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Dec 11th at Notre Dame

ND better have a heckuva home court advantage because there's a big talent disparity.....and I'm not a big UK fan.

16 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

Anyone else see the postgame interview with Coach K?  Seemed like he couldn’t finish his thoughts.  I think Scheyer might already be taking on some coaching responsibilities.   

I think he has for a while. That's why he is the coach in waiting. There are some world leaders that struggle with that too!

6 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Just like most teams the last few years, the 17 minute to 12 minute mark second halves is a dry spell.

Duke hit contested shots, UK couldn't...that was the difference. While much better than last year, UK still struggles to score 10 feet in. Missed floaters, lose the ball under the basket, tip ins missed over and over.

Duke score half dozen points off of out of bounds plays, another habitual shortcoming for us.

Probably lose 7 to 10 games, but could be dangerous in March.

Go Cats!

Duke is probably one of the tallest and strongest teams they will see this year during the regular season, and they had to see it on their first game. There were a lot of shots UK missed inside because of shots being altered by that strength and length. I think UK majority of this year will be much stronger finishing inside, and it is not going to be a concern like last year. 

Enjoyed watching this game. UK is going to struggle against long teams this years, especially if their big guy gets into foul trouble. Looks like they'll be a contender and this years team at least has shooters which is a big difference than years past. 

3 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

Good game last night.  UK fans should be optimistic. They have a good team and should have a good season. Loads of depth with shooters.  They’ll be fine.  
 

Duke has some grown men out there.  Hopefully they can stay unselfish and grow as a group.  I like what I saw last night.  

With you with all of this. I was impressed with both teams.

I don't keep up with recruits until they play in college, but I have a hard time thinking anyone in the country is better than Banchero. Once he gets a bit more comfortable, that is an NBA guy playing against college kids. Looked like Carmello Anthony with the ability to dominate the game on all three levels. He has no business being in college.

3 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

Anyone else see the postgame interview with Coach K?  Seemed like he couldn’t finish his thoughts.  I think Scheyer might already be taking on some coaching responsibilities.   

Interesting. I did not see that.

I was nodding off before halftime, so before I really comment, I'll need to watch the whole thing again.

Some of the "other" UK guys will get a chance to play over the coming weeks and work their way into the rotation. That game (game 1) called for the best talent being on the court. Night and day how improved they are... with the biggest upgrade obviously being at the PG position.

3 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

Anyone else see the postgame interview with Coach K?  Seemed like he couldn’t finish his thoughts.  I think Scheyer might already be taking on some coaching responsibilities.   

Maybe he already cracked open the Pappy bottle that Cal and the other two coaches got him.

1 minute ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Maybe he already cracked open the Pappy bottle that Cal and the other two coaches got him.

Did they get him a bottle of Pappy for real?  

1 minute ago, PurplePride92 said:

Did they get him a bottle of Pappy for real?  

I believe so.  I heard Calipari say it on the radio while I was driving home before the game started.  Said "the other three coaches wanted to get him a bottle of bourbon and of course they made me do it.  We got him a bottle of Pappy.  And I told him that if he doesn't drink bourbon, save it and give it to me when I retire".

34 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I believe so.  I heard Calipari say it on the radio while I was driving home before the game started.  Said "the other three coaches wanted to get him a bottle of bourbon and of course they made me do it.  We got him a bottle of Pappy.  And I told him that if he doesn't drink bourbon, save it and give it to me when I retire".

Pretty cool stuff, Cal!  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.