Duke 79 Kentucky 71

16thBBall Fan

Quick thoughts. I like how hard this UK team plays. Oscar is a rebounding machine. I do think we have 3 point shooters this year. UK is going to be dang good this year and will have a shot to make a run this year. Simply lost to another really good team. How big and strong the Duke players were was impressive. 

I was not a fan of Cals rotation tonight. TyTy is very talented and is going to be a stud, but he didn’t have it tonight. He kept him out there to long, and Mintz needs to play more, especially early in the year IMO. Mintz was UK best player at the end of games last year and he didn’t play the last 3 minutes. 

Wheeler is a very good PG, however he obviously forced things a little to much especially in the second half. He is going to be very good to have, but I think Cal needs to take him out some and go with Mintz or TyTy at the pg spot during parts of the game. Having Mintz, TyTy, and Grady in at the same time could be a good lineup. Plus mixing in Fredrick and Allen some too. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

Quick thoughts. I like how hard this UK team plays. Oscar is a rebounding machine. I do think we have 3 point shooters this year. UK is going to be dang good this year and will have a shot to make a run this year. Simply lost to another really good team. How big and strong the Duke players were was impressive. 

I was not a fan of Cals rotation tonight. TyTy is very talented and is going to be a stud, but he didn’t have it tonight. He kept him out there to long, and Mintz needs to play more, especially early in the year IMO. Mintz was UK best player at the end of games last year and he didn’t play the last 3 minutes. 

Wheeler is a very good PG, however he obviously forced things a little to much especially in the second half. He is going to be very good to have, but I think Cal needs to take him out some and go with Mintz or TyTy at the pg spot during parts of the game. Having Mintz, TyTy, and Grady in at the same time could be a good lineup. Plus mixing in Fredrick and Allen some too. 

Let me add that I think this UK team will be a very fun team to watch this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Someone should tell Wheeler it’s okay to shoot the ball when driving sometimes.

• Like 1