Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs. Duke Predictions/Updates

Featured Replies

One week from today two of the biggest blue bloods in college basketball will face off once again.  Can Coach K get one more win against BBN?   
 

UK leads the series 12-10.  
 

The last time these two teams met Duke won convincingly by a score of 236-13 or something like that.  
 

I can’t find odds for this game anywhere just yet.   They should be out soon though or maybe I am looking in the wrong places.  
 

What say you?  Who wins this rivalry matchup and why?   

  • Replies 102
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Other than the 1992 game, I don't think I have ever correctly picked a UK/Duke game.  I think I took UK by 4 the last time and Duke won by 10,127. I like UK's depth, but have major concerns about

  • MJAlltheWay24
    MJAlltheWay24

    I am just looking forward to college basketball being back.  

  • PurplePride92
    PurplePride92

    Strap in!!!! It’s going to be emotional!   

Where is the game being played?

  • Author
19 minutes ago, theguru said:

Where is the game being played?

Madison Square Garden.  New York City, New York.   

I am going to go with UK in this one, don't ask me why. ?

Zion Williamson ain't walking through the door. Unfortunately for UK, Anthony Davis is not either. Like most seasons, I anticipate this game to be ugly. I wish they could play a few tune-up games before the Champions Classic, but oh well.

2 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

The last time these two teams met Duke won convincingly by a score of 236-13 or something like that.

Office Stanley GIF - Office Stanley Nods - Discover & Share GIFs | English  major, Funny gif, Giphy

2 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

One week from today two of the biggest blue bloods in college basketball will face off once again.  Can Coach K get one more win against BBN?   
 

UK leads the series 12-10.  
 

The last time these two teams met Duke won convincingly by a score of 236-13 or something like that.  
 

I can’t find odds for this game anywhere just yet.   They should be out soon though or maybe I am looking in the wrong places.  
 

What say you?  Who wins this rivalry matchup and why?   

Oddsshark is the only place I am seeing that currently has a line and they have Duke -1 with a predicted score of 73.4 - 71.3.

  • Author
1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Zion Williamson ain't walking through the door. Unfortunately for UK, Anthony Davis is not either. Like most seasons, I anticipate this game to be ugly. I wish they could play a few tune-up games before the Champions Classic, but oh well.

Agreed.  That’s why I think Duke wins this game, besides my obvious bias.   They will be the better coached team out of the gate.  It will be ugly though.   

K probably has one more big win in him, and I bet he's saving it for the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Cats by 90

No clue what to expect at this point but hoping for a Kentucky win.  

 

The game is "scheduled for tip off" at 930 Tuesday night, but we all know how that tends to work out.  Needless to say I'm going to take a vacation day the following day so I can fully indulge in victory bourbons, or sad bourbons.  Hoping for the victory bourbons though. 

Other than the 1992 game, I don't think I have ever correctly picked a UK/Duke game.  I think I took UK by 4 the last time and Duke won by 10,127.

I like UK's depth, but have major concerns about point guard play.  I'm nowhere near sold on Sahvir Wheeler.

I think Duke has 6 really good players, and at least the two best players on the floor.  I don't know what kind of depth they have though.

I'll go with the Fighting Fat Jason Stupid GrizzlyAdamses by 8.

I was close.  I picked UK by 5 last game.  24 of 36 BGPers had UK.  Vegas had UK -1.5.

Duke won 118-84.

 

In 2015 I picked Duke to win 76-71.  30 of 43 BGPers took UK.  Vegas had UK -1.5.

UK won 74-63.

 

Over the years under Coach Cal, I have become less and less interested in UK early in the season. With a new roster each year, UK early in the year is never close to the team they are by the time February and then tournament time get here. I'll watch and I guess claim bragging rights if UK wins, but it doesn't really mean much when it comes to what these two teams will look like at the end of the year. That is what matters to me. It is all about tournament time.

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Over the years under Coach Cal, I have become less and less interested in UK early in the season. With a new roster each year, UK early in the year is never close to the team they are by the time February and then tournament time get here. I'll watch and I guess claim bragging rights if UK wins, but it doesn't really mean much when it comes to what these two teams will look like at the end of the year. That is what matters to me. It is all about tournament time.

Sadly, you are describing college basketball as a whole. It has become a post-Super Bowl thru March sport.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.