Week 9 Rankings and CFP Predictions

Walter

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

If everybody wins out, OSU has the better resume and it’s not close. 

I don't think anyone would argue against that.... But, they're in a situation where they could potentially only have two wins against top 25 teams heading in to the B10 CCG. Michigan and Michigan State. 

Is that really that much better than UC having a road win over top 10 Notre Dame and a top 25 win over SMU/Houston? They would also both own wins over Tulsa/Indiana.

OSU needs to be worried about Oregon losing.

If both teams are 12-1. I don't see how you could include one but not the other since Oregon would own the head to head with a road win in Columbus.

Surprisingly, OSU hasn't gotten much respect in the polls this year. 

8 minutes ago, Walter said:

I don't think anyone would argue against that.... But, they're in a situation where they could potentially only have two wins against top 25 teams heading in to the B10 CCG. Michigan and Michigan State. 

Is that really that much better than UC having a road win over top 10 Notre Dame and a top 25 win over SMU/Houston? They would also both own wins over Tulsa/Indiana.

If both teams are 12-1. I don't see how you could include one but not the other since Oregon would own the head to head with a road win in Columbus.

OSU is just one of UC’s problems. There are still more scenarios where UC doesn’t make it than ones they do, IMO. If they are at 3 or 4 in the first CFP poll, to me that will be the committee saying we see you, but you’re not getting in. UC doesn’t have enough left to jump anybody. 

2 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

OSU is just one of UC’s problems. There are still more scenarios where UC doesn’t make it than ones they do, IMO. If they are at 3 or 4 in the first CFP poll, to me that will be the committee saying we see you, but you’re not getting in. UC doesn’t have enough left to jump anybody. 

Their schedule is fine. If SMU finishes 10-2, they'll be ranked after the final week of the regular season. Houston wins out, they'll likely be top 20 heading in to the CCG at 11-1.

That's two more opportunities for wins over ranked teams... On top of a top 10 road win over Notre Dame.

Assuming UC wins out, they'll finish with the 4th best SOR.

Other variables involved, like OSU, Bama, or Oklahoma losing but I actually think UC is in a better position to be included than Oregon because the Pac 12 is so bad this year. Oregon is the only team in that conference currently with less than 3 losses. 

12 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Keep telling yourself that. 

I will. It's not just me being a homer. 

If both teams win out, OSU will finish with the 3rd best SOR. UC will finish with the 4th best SOR. Not as big of a difference in resume as you're making it out to be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walter said:

They will as it rolls along. Not a big Buckeye fan, but they have a LOT of talent. This season is a prime example of why the championship needs to be expanded.