Best Place To Eat On Friday

gcbleedblue

I was inspired by the concession stand thread to start this. I always love to eat at the city where we play at, but the problem is I never know what’s open and what is close by.

So if my school is coming to play against your team. What’s the best restaurant to go to on Friday night.

I’ll start Graves County/Mayfield has two legit BBQ places. 

A&B BBQ is right near both stadiums, but you better get there a little early or call ahead because they will sell out. It is in my opinion the best bbq around and some nights they’ll have ribeyes that are incredible.

If you prefer to dine at a bigger and very nice building or if your group is larger, then Hoskins BBQ about 5 minutes from the stadiums is what you want. It has more options than A&B and it’s still very good.

Can’t go wrong with either choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a ton of restaurants in Buckner, KY - home of the Oldham County Colonels - but I would say Mi Tierra Mexican restaurant is the best of the bunch.    Located right at the I-71 / Highway 146 interchange, Mi Tierra is handy, and stays open late.

Perhaps one of the friendliest restaurants in the area.

If you're in Crestwood to see the South Oldham Dragons, then Hometown Pizza, at the corner of Highways 329 and 146, just a couple of minutes from SOHS, is the best pizza joint around.   Honorable mention to Jucy's BBQ, but that's a little further down highway 146, and is actually located in Pewee Valley.   If you like Mexican, there is a quality locally-based Mexican restaurant practically across the street from SOHS -  "Gustavos".

For North Oldham fans, there really aren't many restaurants in close proximity to the school, but a few miles down the road in Prospect is the Prospect location of Gustavos, which is open late and has a great menu.   

• Like 1

If you make your way to Union, KY for either the Ryle Raiders or the Cooper Jaguars, you should try to get into Boomtown Biscuits & Whiskey for some good old fashioned comfort food, if not, you can get into Buffalo Wings and Rings or Valle Escondido Mexican Grill which are both strong choices.

• Like 3

Man... I've traveled to so many games in the past I have eaten some awesome grub. Below are some of my favorites. 

Scott HS: Stop and get wings at Knuck n Futz. Honorable mention to the new restaurant called Squeaky Squirrel. Get the nachos if you go there. 

Beechwood: I would go to Ft. Wright Family Restaurant for a double decker the size of your head. Awesome burgers too. 

Bracken Co: Donna's Place. GREAT handmade burger. 

Carroll Co: Welch's Riverside Restaurant. 

3 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Man... I've traveled to so many games in the past I have eaten some awesome grub. Below are some of my favorites. 

Beechwood: I would go to Ft. Wright Family Restaurant for a double decker the size of your head. Awesome burgers too. 

No lie.  Awesome place.  First time I ate there, my jaw hurt from trying to fit that big of a sandwich into my mouth.  I didn't realize they were staying open later now.  Will definitely keep them in mind for dinner now, too.  

• Haha 1

If you go to Owensboro and don't go to Old Hickory Barbeque, that's on you!

Best Barbeque I know.

For Bowling Green, it's restaurant row, Rafferty's started in BG and the original is still the best IMO.

Double Dogs started in BG and is good, but many more around there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Best Barbeque I know.

For Bowling Green, it's restaurant row, Rafferty's started in BG and the original is still the best IMO.

I second this. 

Old Hickory is the place in Owensboro for BBQ.

GD Ritzy's in Owensboro is like a local Steak-n-shake. If want a different option.

In Bowling Green there are three places that stand out above the rest and they are all local places.

1. Rafferty's

2. Montana Grill.

3. Double Dogs.

All three have different at atmospheres and menus. 

Million places in Louisville but for St. X games go to Checks Cafe or Tim Tams. Checks is iconic neighborhood bar/grub place in Germantown and not far from St.X. Tim Tams is across the street from St.X and big pre game hang out which is bar/grub place. I like both places especially Checks.

1 hour ago, CincySportsFan said:

No lie.  Awesome place.  First time I ate there, my jaw hurt from trying to fit that big of a sandwich into my mouth.  I didn't realize they were staying open later now.  Will definitely keep them in mind for dinner now, too.  

Also my go-to for breakfast on any day but especially Saturdays before a day game either in Ft. Mitchell or that school in Park Hills.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

Best Barbeque I know.

You can't go wrong with Moonlight BBQ in Owensboro either.  Fantastic BBQ.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Million places in Louisville but for St. X games go to Checks Cafe or Tim Tams. Checks is iconic neighborhood bar/grub place in Germantown and not far from St.X. Tim Tams is across the street from St.X and big pre game hang out which is bar/grub place. I like both places especially Checks.

I eat at Checks almost every Friday for lunch, LOL.  Right up the road from Manual stadium.  Good food and good people.

• Like 1