Official: John Brannen Out At Cincinnati

Walter

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Brannen's attorney always seems to pick out just one item to divert attention from the whole menu. I get it that he is doing his job. And it's good that he clarified this one incident but what about the other incidents that were listed in the termination letter?  The fact that he does not address those raises questions.

Pay the man his money he is owed UC and move on.  After they pay Brannen, perhaps UC could find a little more money and hire a real psychologist to assist the student athletes, I mean they are the ones making the school millions.  

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Brannen's attorney always seems to pick out just one item to divert attention from the whole menu. I get it that he is doing his job. And it's good that he clarified this one incident but what about the other incidents that were listed in the termination letter?  The fact that he does not address those raises questions.

It' not time for him to respond to all of them.

15 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

Pay the man his money he is owed UC and move on.  After they pay Brannen, perhaps UC could find a little more money and hire a real psychologist to assist the student athletes, I mean they are the ones making the school millions.  

Help me out here....

“Based upon your representations to me in the candid meetings we had and based upon my independent review of the situation, I believe that you understand the severity of this activity and, more importantly, I believe that you will not repeat it,” Cunningham wrote in the reprimand. “As we have discussed on several occasions, the health and safety of our student-athletes is paramount. We must always show care and concern for the student-athletes in our department.”

Considering the facts outlined in the termination letter, why exactly does UC owe Brannen money? He was fired for cause, which means any money owed to him would have to come from a lawsuit or an agreed upon settlement.

Tom Mars never filed a lawsuit after Brannen was fired. If his client is innocent and did nothing wrong, why is the only thing he has refuted is an admission that Brannen did something that wasn't within NCAA or University compliance? 

From a coach over the weekend regarding the UC coaching change (via Chad Brendel and Bearcat Bounce Podcast): "It's a good thing you got a new coach. Because I wasn't sending any of my players to play for that man" 

Brannen has built a reputation where a lot of people want nothing to do with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

He needs to take whatever offer he can get out of them. They will pay something to avoid attorney fees. Take whatever money and a non-disclosure of anything else.

You’re right. He’ll get a little something. I should have said he doesn’t deserve a single penny. The whole “UC owes him money” argument is pretty much dead in the water unless something changes. 

• Like 2

Pretty candid interview from Justin Williams with Jarron Cumberland on his senior year under Brannen came out today.

"Practice, we were basically in hell. You ain’t never met hell until you’ve been in Brannen’s practice....Coaches should know when it’s time to be locked in and when it’s too much.

..... Cronin was an intense coach, and he would make you understand and learn and would discipline you. Brannen, he would try to control you. He would tell you to do this, and you had to do it that way. "

On the dangerous nature of Brannen's practices that led to several players getting sick and one player (Prince Toyambi)  being rushed to the hospital after passing out:

Keith had already gone down because he caught a cramp or something. Me and Jaevin (Cumberland), we barely ever made it through those things. But Prince, he was just passed out and laid out on the ground. He went to the hospital, and this was early in the morning. We were up at like 6 a.m.

I was throwing up nonstop, every workout. One time, we were running on the track, and one player had to make a certain time. And as he’s trying to make it through the finish line, he’s throwing up. Not stopping, nothing. Coach wasn’t worried about his health. He liked that. Cheering him on because he’s running while he’s throwing up.

Brannen's attorney, Tom Mars, declined to comment on any of Jarron's responses.

The Toyambi incident is one that could end up being really bad for Brannen. See his (Toyambi) wife's response to the recent article and Brannen's comment about heart monitors and him knowing what in shape looks like.

Prince Toyambi had a successful procedure done to correct a cardiac issue following the above mentioned hospital visit.

Jarron also mentioned being forced to play/practice through injuries and not being given the benefit of the doubt and that the strength and conditioning/medical staff weren't allowed to do their jobs due to Brannen being such a control freak. 

24 minutes ago, Walter said:

I was throwing up nonstop, every workout. One time, we were running on the track, and one player had to make a certain time. And as he’s trying to make it through the finish line, he’s throwing up. Not stopping, nothing. Coach wasn’t worried about his health. He liked that. Cheering him on because he’s running while he’s throwing up.

If this is true, should we be worried about Brannen's mental health? No sane person reacts that way.

This keeps getting worse for Brannen. I said a month ago he should settle for anything he could get. That amount decreases with every report as this goes on. In addition he is killing his opportunities in coaching. UC might pay some amount to avoid legal fees. Again, Brannen should take what he can get along with no more disclosures and move on.

I have no idea where the truth lies in respect the this situation.

But if all of these reports are true, how and why did it take so long for Brannen to be removed? Also, where are the asst coaches, trainers, managers, media or anybody else that may have witnessed any abusive behavior? Shouldn't they be called out for not reporting it? And if they did report it, why did the AD not address it?

So we are left to believe the players that basically started a mutiny because they did not like their coaches hard-butt and my way or the highway approach. Maybe the transfer portal is to blame for making it easy too easy to transfer?

Now before all of the anti-Brannen people get their shorts in a bunch towards my comments, I think Brannen seems like a jerk of a coach that did not know how to get his players to buy into his way of doing things and the results show. Basically a bad coach and I don't blame UC for wanting him gone. But negotiate a buy out and both parties can move on.