Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Official: John Brannen Out At Cincinnati

Featured Replies

  • Author

 

  • Replies 159
  • Views 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I am not as convinced or he should have received the entire amount owed to him.

  • I feel like this could get ugly one way or another. 

  • HoopJunkie
    HoopJunkie

    He’ll leave. But it won’t be because he’s mad. I’m actually surprised that Fickell hasn’t left for bigger and better already. Cincinnati football has always been a launchpad, not a destination. I’d gu

Posted Images

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Is there a financial settlement?

I bet that's what's happening.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Brannen will no doubt sue and try to get paid... But given the background and experience the AD has with things like this (dealt with a similar situation at Minnesota as Associate AD), I'm confident both the internal and external investigations came up with enough to justify a firing for cause.

 

I think the AD wants his own guy. Maybe little Ricky? Still think there's a buyout being worked out.

4 hours ago, Walter said:

FWIW, B. Fox is also a lawyer/attorney and Rausch has a reputation for going out of his way to bash or talk negatively about UC , even though he gets called out every time by those actually in the know.

 

Still seems strange for the sport that generates the 2nd most revenue to have its Head Coach not report directly to the AD.

Lance McAlister said on WLW tonight that 100 schools had 5 players transferring this year. UC has 6.

2 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Lance McAlister said on WLW tonight that 100 schools had 5 players transferring this year. UC has 6.

I think Memphis has 5, but no one seems to be raising a big stink about Penny.    But then I'm not in the Memphis area.

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

I think the AD wants his own guy. Maybe little Ricky? Still think there's a buyout being worked out.

Little Ricky took the job at New Mexico the day after the Minnesota parting. UAB extended Andy Kennedy today. Is that just a coincidence? I’d like to see Archie Miller. His play and recruiting style would fit Cincinnati much better than it fit IU. 

3 hours ago, Walter said:

 

Twitter is a brutal place. I don't know why anyone would subject themselves to that. A twitter account is an invitation for insults.

  • Author

More details and final statement below from Brannen's attorney, Tom Mars:

 

9 hours ago, Walter said:

More details and final statement below from Brannen's attorney, Tom Mars:

 

Good, I hope John gets every last penny he is owed from UC.  The way this whole process has gone down tells you a whole lot about Cunningham.  There is no reason the head basketball coach at a major university is not reporting to the athletic director.  It is obvious Cunningham did not have a fondness for John and saw an opportunity to get rid of him.  Stay strong John, get every last penny you can.  Cunningham may want to start looking for a football coach, Fickell will be leaving after this year.  

1 hour ago, bjknku02 said:

Cunningham may want to start looking for a football coach, Fickell will be leaving after this year.

Based on what, exactly?

15 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Based on what, exactly?

He’ll leave. But it won’t be because he’s mad. I’m actually surprised that Fickell hasn’t left for bigger and better already. Cincinnati football has always been a launchpad, not a destination. I’d guess he’s waiting for a Michigan, Georgia, Florida elite type of gig.

1 minute ago, HoopJunkie said:

He’ll leave. But it won’t be because he’s mad.

Right, that's what I was getting at. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, bjknku02 said:

Good, I hope John gets every last penny he is owed from UC.  The way this whole process has gone down tells you a whole lot about Cunningham.  There is no reason the head basketball coach at a major university is not reporting to the athletic director.  It is obvious Cunningham did not have a fondness for John and saw an opportunity to get rid of him.  Stay strong John, get every last penny you can.  Cunningham may want to start looking for a football coach, Fickell will be leaving after this year.  

You're clearly Team Brannen and that's fine... But at the end of the day the allegations were made for a reason and John Brannen didn't handle certain situations properly which led to him being fired. If he led, communicated, and managed his team better, a stale relationship with an AD wouldn't have mattered. 

These players didn't want to play for John because things were so bad. Neither you or I know exactly what happened but read the Justin Williams Athletic articles. UC had plenty of reasons and cause to fire him, whether you like it or not. 

As far as Fick goes, he isn't leaving because a coach was fired... Especially after that same coach and his petty lawyer made a private conversation public to try to burn the place down on their way out. My guess is Fick never speaks to JB again after that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.