Official: John Brannen Out At Cincinnati

Walter

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

I feel like this could get ugly one way or another. 

Brannen will no doubt sue and try to get paid... But given the background and experience the AD has with things like this (dealt with a similar situation at Minnesota as Associate AD), I'm confident both the internal and external investigations came up with enough to justify a firing for cause.

Looks like Tom Mars and Brannen are trying to burn the place down on their way out by bringing personal conversations with Fickell in to the situation: 

( @theguru if the language below in the tweet isn't ok, delete this post)

Just now, Walter said:

Looks like Tom Mars and Brannen are trying to burn the place down on their way out by bringing personal conversations with Fickell in to the situation: 

All things considered I will allow it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I saw this shared on Twitter.  Why would any Head Coach, especially a Head Coach of a top two revenue generating sport at a school, not report directly to an Athletic Director?  That seems really strange to me.

image.png.420e4b6d1109ff21fc8238ce4470d2f8.png

FWIW, B. Fox is also a lawyer/attorney and Rausch has a reputation for going out of his way to bash or talk negatively about UC , even though he gets called out every time by those actually in the know.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Man I hope they keep Luke’s name out of it.

7 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Man I hope they keep Luke’s name out of it.

It was mentioned on a different board that any relationship Brannen had with Luke is probably up in flames now after that. Tweet has since been deleted but damage is already done. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Walter said:

Sounding like Archie Miller could be who replaces Brannen. 

I'd be ok with him or Bryce Drew. 

I think UC would be a great landing spot for either of them.  Let them build UC backup, if they get to that point and leave, UC still wins.

• Like 1