Silver Grove 68 Bellevue 61

Bellevue is not fast not big not strong but they have a couple guys who just throw the ball up and it goes in. I couldn't believe some of the shots that fell for the Tigers last night. Wiseman had a good game he always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. I felt bad for C Pelle. He was getting knocked around like Shaq. Elbows were going at him all night. Towards the end of the game the ball was on the floor he jumped over a kid from Bellevue who dove for it and was flat on the floor and the kid reached up and pulled him down by his leg (no foul called) He still had 33. The Grove needs to hit some 3's. They have been awful from outside all year!! Pelle has to be sore today. I guess thats what you get vs Bellevue. The Breds roll into Bellevue tonight it will get ugly fast GO BREDS!!:thumb:

Fouls weren't called either way. The officiating was horrible both ways, it was not one sided at all. Pelle should have fouled out of that game, however. He got away with some. The Trains held jerseys all night. Bellevue has some players of their own - Haynes, Ross, Kesson and McIntosh. There is one reason and one reason only that Silver Grove won this game, officiating! IMO. I look forward to seeing the Tigers play the Trains again. I predict the outcome will be much different. As for Pelle feeling sore, I'm sure he is and I felt terrible that he took an elbow under the basket during a rebound. The player that accidentally elbowed him during the rebound did apologize after the game. It was the right thing to do. Congratulations to both teams for a hard fought battle. I don't know why people have to make such comments as "that's what you get from Bellevue". These are respectful boys and the apology from the Bellevue player to Pelle after the game should demonstrate that. This is a much undeserved and sad comment.

Fouls weren't called either way. The officiating was horrible both ways, it was not one sided at all. Pelle should have fouled out of that game, however. He got away with some. The Trains held jerseys all night. Bellevue has some players of their own - Haynes, Ross, Kesson and McIntosh. There is one reason and one reason only that Silver Grove won this game, officiating! IMO. I look forward to seeing the Tigers play the Trains again. I predict the outcome will be much different. As for Pelle feeling sore, I'm sure he is and I felt terrible that he took an elbow under the basket during a rebound. The player that accidentally elbowed him during the rebound did apologize after the game. It was the right thing to do. Congratulations to both teams for a hard fought battle. I don't know why people have to make such comments as "that's what you get from Bellevue". These are respectful boys and the apology from the Bellevue player to Pelle after the game should demonstrate that. This is a much undeserved and sad comment.

These two sentences together make absolutely no sense at all...

I guess I should have made myself more clear. The officiating was bad both ways. However, Silver Grove came out on the better end of the horrible officiating! In other words, there were some noncalls benefitting Silver Grove. Bellevue didn't enjoy the same. Bellevue was called for everything and some calls that should not have been made. On the other side, Silver Grove didn't get called for some that should have been. I hope that clears up the confusion.

Bellevue is not fast not big not strong but they have a couple guys who just throw the ball up and it goes in. I couldn't believe some of the shots that fell for the Tigers last night. Wiseman had a good game he always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. I felt bad for C Pelle. He was getting knocked around like Shaq. Elbows were going at him all night. Towards the end of the game the ball was on the floor he jumped over a kid from Bellevue who dove for it and was flat on the floor and the kid reached up and pulled him down by his leg (no foul called) He still had 33. The Grove needs to hit some 3's. They have been awful from outside all year!! Pelle has to be sore today. I guess thats what you get vs Bellevue. The Breds roll into Bellevue tonight it will get ugly fast GO BREDS!!:thumb:

baller2007 is absolutely correct. Who are you to make such an insidious comment and generalization about Bellevue? I guess that's what you get from NewCath fans? Fortunately, my experiences with NCC coaches, staff, athletes and most real fans of the program have always been gracious and in the true spirit of competition. Too bad your comment doesn't convey that same level of class. The Tigers ARE undersized, undermanned and inexperienced. Not a great combination of factors for a varsity basketball team. If they have any chance they are going to HAVE to play a more physical brand of basketball, JUST LIKE NEWCATH HAS AND DOES, and get up and down the floor. As for the Silver Grove contest, Mr. Pelle is a tremendous player, but don't think for one minute he didn't give as good as he got when it comes to physical play. He is a warrior.

baller2007 is absolutely correct. Who are you to make such an insidious comment and generalization about Bellevue? I guess that's what you get from NewCath fans? Fortunately, my experiences with NCC coaches, staff, athletes and most real fans of the program have always been gracious and in the true spirit of competition. Too bad your comment doesn't convey that same level of class. The Tigers ARE undersized, undermanned and inexperienced. Not a great combination of factors for a varsity basketball team. If they have any chance they are going to HAVE to play a more physical brand of basketball, JUST LIKE NEWCATH HAS AND DOES, and get up and down the floor. As for the Silver Grove contest, Mr. Pelle is a tremendous player, but don't think for one minute he didn't give as good as he got when it comes to physical play. He is a warrior.

:thumb: