St. Xavier New Stadium and Athletic Complex...

Riverside 157

I'm not 100% sure but I heard that there has been a recent change to the law/regulations. If so, maybe T was grandfathered in. I also heard that X will have to hire enforcement personnel to make traffic flow accommodations on surrounding streets before and after games......Does anyone know whether this is accurate?

With all the parking available down the hill in Germantown ball park, I find it hard to believe this would be a problem. Unless of course one starts at Flabbies and then finds oneself in an impaired state and has to walk to St. X to take in the game. Now that is a realistic possibility!

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the parking available down the hill in Germantown ball park, I find it hard to believe this would be a problem. Unless of course one starts at Flabbies and then finds oneself in an impaired state and has to walk to St. X to take in the game. Now that is a realistic possibility!

Now that is a pretty good hike. The pre-game trek might not be so bad, but the post-game walk may be a little tough.

Now that is a pretty good hike. The pre-game trek might not be so bad, but the post-game walk may be a little tough.

It might just be a sobering experience! :cry:

Unless you can convince the tender to allow you to take a roady, or two, with you. :sssh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow very nice facilities.

I think it's kind of comical how T and X fans are arguing about who has the better field now though. :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

I'm not arguing, X's will second to none including us. But there are two draw backs...the size od the visiting bleachers and how far the stands are from the playing surface...I hate when they put a track in the way.

I'm not arguing, X's will second to none including us. But there are two draw backs...the size od the visiting bleachers and how far the stands are from the playing surface...I hate when they put a track in the way.

I can't totally disagree with you, RP, on the two drawbacks which you noted. However, there were a lot of factors which went into the final design of the athletic facilities. In terms of seating, it was decided early that we wanted a minimum of 5,000 seats on St. X.'s home side. Being then confronted with a regulation which required that we must have at least one on campus parking spot per every 3.8 stadium seats, we found that based on available parking space, we had to restrict the total capacity to around 6,100. Not wanting to sacrifice seating for our St. X. supporters, we therefore finalized the numbers at 5,100 on the home side and 1,000 on the visitors side. Based upon our home game experiences at Manual Stadium, the 1,000 seats on the visitors side should surfice for all games with the exception of the Male game, which would occur every other year. With the growth of the St. X./Male rivalry, we may see a future move of this game to Papa John's, similar to the situation with the St. X./Trinity game.

A fence is being installed between the stands and the 8-lane track, so additional spectators, who wish to stand, will be mainly restricted to the rather large areas behind the end zone fences. I have not at yet heard an estimate of this standing room capacity.

In addition, there is a large inside-the-gate plaza area for the younger students who prefer socializing throughout the game. As I am sure you are aware, there sometimes seems to be as many young people socializing under and around the stands as there are seated in the stands. :D

In regards to the track placement, the design team considered two locations:

1. Inside the stadium around the football/soccer field

2. Outside the stadium around the new soccer/lacrosse practice field

Since it was decided that St. X. would like to host some major track meets, the stadium location was selected to provide first-class seating for the track spectators. Sufficient seating space just was not available around the practice field alternative.

As with most all things in life, some hard give-and-take decisions were required and made. Nonetheless, we think most people will be in awe of the beauty of the finished product. I know, I for one cannot wait for this fall to get here....GO TIGERS! :dancingpa

I was jk Rp. Calm down big guy. You'd know more about the facilities than me.

Wow very nice facilities.

I think it's kind of comical how T and X fans are arguing about who has the better field now though. :rolleyes: :lol: ;)

I recognize that the statement was posted in jest, but want to add that when Trinity's new stadium was opened, and thus far in the construction of St. X's facility, most posters from both schools have been gracious about the other school's stadium. This caliber of posts has not always been the norm between fans of the schools, and it is a welcome trend, IMHO.

Thanks for posting that picture, Buddy...it's a great view! :thumb:

If you look at the empty area to the left of the fieldhouse, you will see the future home of the Project X Phase 3 Basketball Arena. The funding has now been approved for the detailed engineering drawings.

If you look at the top of the stadium over the fieldhouse, you will see the presence of seven (7) steel bays. One bay will be for the radio crew and the press, one bay will be for the St. X. coaches, and one bay will be for the game announcers and stats crew. There will then be two skyboxes which will occupy two (2) bays each. Each of these two skyboxes will accommodate 24 people each and will be designed very similar to the new Jockey Club Suites at Churchill Downs. The already famous elevator is visible leading to this palacial viewing area. This elevator was installed to provide full handicap access to the upper level.

By the way, it is rumored that Tony Danza may be a frequent visitor to this top-level heavenly abode. :ylsuper:

• 2 weeks later...