Predictions for next years Cov Cath team? Next man up.

Sportsguy10

3 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

I’m pretty sure Crone will end up at Beechwood, and I believe Agee will at least try out for QB next year. I know he wasn’t at QB Last season at CCHS, but I believe has played QB previously.

Agree on both. 

14 hours ago, CCHFC said:

The QB thing is interesting. We’ll see if Crone enrolls, but after seeing them both last year I’d give Pitzer the slight edge to win the job. It would be very nice to have QB depth though. 

If Crone enrolls at CovCath, he's the clear cut starter for the next two years...and it's not close. The thought process above is why he may end up in Ft. Mitchell.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this. He's quite a pickup for whoever lands him.

Bigger question -- what's going on at SK to lead Crone to leave? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

If Crone enrolls at CovCath, he's the clear cut starter for the next two years...and it's not close. The thought process above is why he may end up in Ft. Mitchell.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this. He's quite a pickup for whoever lands him.

Mmm I have heard Crone is good but interesting you would think he a dead lock not not really  knowing what else CCH has coming up? Please correct me if I’m wrong but I heard he’s a great runner and a decent passer?

30 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Agree that Crone would be heavy favorite to win the starting job at CovCath or Beechwood.

My prediction is he stays at SK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

What a loss for SK if he transfers.

5 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

What a loss for SK if he transfers.

Agree. I was shocked when the rumors started flying the weekend of the state final games. If a player of that caliber is looking elsewhere...are others in the SK program looking as well? If so, why? 

One thing I've learned, especially in the past few years, when there's this much smoke, there's always some sort of fire. 

• Like 2

What is in the pipeline from the 7th and 8th grade levels?  I understand the 7th grade won their league but  I have heard nothing about the 8th grade.  How did they do and what are some names to be watching for?

Having seen Crone, Pitzer and Agee all play it would be Crone's job easily at either BW or CCH. He has had a high degree of success with a slight drop this year but experience in big games, great athleticism along with 2 years to play (assuming he is immediately eligible) makes him an easy choice. Pitzer has a good upside needs a fair amount of  development still - great kid and has some CCH legacy there. Agee is a nice athlete who gives flexibility to play and upgrade you at multiple spots if he weren't the QB. Isn't there a Soph or JR on the CCH depth chart who would also be in the mix? 

Nice problem for CCH to potentially have. Not a good look at SK potentially. 

3 hours ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Mmm I have heard Crone is good but interesting you would think he a dead lock not not really  knowing what else CCH has coming up? Please correct me if I’m wrong but I heard he’s a great runner and a decent passer?

Crone stats

Passing - 135/278 48.6%; 1,832 yards; 12 TDs; 11 INTs

Rushing - 183 carries for 638 yards; 9 TDs

Stats were very similar the previous year when he started as a freshman. Those aren't great numbers. Outside looking in I can see him wanting to improve on those numbers. Beechwood certainly makes sense considering Hergott was coached into winning Mr. Football, plus a truckload of returning players that put the Tigers in position to repeat as state champion. Eviston has a great reputation as an offensive mind, although Jacob regressed his senior year.  Crone is probably looking to take a step forward in his personal growth and that is why he is considering moving if all this is true.

11 minutes ago, UKato91 said:

What is in the pipeline from the 7th and 8th grade levels?  I understand the 7th grade won their league but  I have heard nothing about the 8th grade.  How did they do and what are some names to be watching for?

Jackson Reardon played QB 8th

Caleb Cole played MLB/FB

Mason Dietz played G/DT

Dillion Ryan played TB/LB

From what I heard they struggled but was a month behind GCL in starting season 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ukat1 said:

Having seen Crone, Pitzer and Agee all play it would be Crone's job easily at either BW or CCH. He has had a high degree of success with a slight drop this year but experience in big games, great athleticism along with 2 years to play (assuming he is immediately eligible) makes him an easy choice. Pitzer has a good upside needs a fair amount of  development still - great kid and has some CCH legacy there. Agee is a nice athlete who gives flexibility to play and upgrade you at multiple spots if he weren't the QB. Isn't there a Soph or JR on the CCH depth chart who would also be in the mix? 

Nice problem for CCH to potentially have. Not a good look at SK potentially. 

I'll put my money on Pitzer. Already 6’4 165. Throws a baseball around 80 MPH. The kid is a stud. Add the Eddie factor his potential is through the roof. Again what a great problem to have. Several studs.

QB BATTLE:

Pitzer

Hoyt (probably spelled wrong)

Transfer?

The Def will better then last year!

**more speed an athleticism