Predictions for next years Cov Cath team? Next man up.

Sportsguy10

2 minutes ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Two year contract with Elder would be a great experience. Has CCH ever played at the Pit? 

Multiple times...2003, 2004, 2007 come to mind.

1 minute ago, Samcro said:

Yes.  They played Elder, at least twice, back around ‘03-‘04.  Lost 10-9 in The Pit, in a heartbreaker.

Missed field to win as time expired in ‘04. We also played there in ‘07.

• Like 1

I think Louisville St X would be a great series.  CCH would have its hands full, but, I think it makes sense.  One “long” regular season road trip each year, is a good thing.  Gives the kids some experience, come playoff time.

If they can swing Lex Cath and Lou St X, and ensure that they’re on the road for one and home for the other, that would help come playoff time.  Frankly, any KY blue blood would be fun.  Belfry, Ashland, Mayfield, Male, whatever.  Any of that would be cool.  Rest assured, the AD is working hard.  Best in the business, in my heavily biased, opinion.

• Like 3

Let’s get back to the Topic next year’s roster?

Gone: Stegman, Schnider, Reardon, Caleb and Dickhouse is huge

could next years team be better?

-Move Aden J to DT ?

-QB: Can Edie get Evan Pitzer ready to start? He’s 6’2 165 pounds as a freshman with potential to be 6’6 200+. 

I have recovered from my 24 hour mourning period.  I am very excited about the future of the program.  With that said, there’s a storm brewin in Ft. Thomas.  Cov Cath needs to really work hard to stay on top.  In fact, this off-season is critical.  There needs to be big chips on shoulders.  Kids thrive on it.  I know I did.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Samcro said:

I have recovered from my 24 hour mourning period.  I am very excited about the future of the program.  With that said, there’s a storm brewin in Ft. Thomas.  Cov Cath needs to really work hard to stay on top.  In fact, this off-season is critical.  There needs to be big chips on shoulders.  Kids thrive on it.  I know I did.

Spot on! 

3 hours ago, Samcro said:

Update - Still looking at filling  first two weeks of season.  Ryle has moved to end of season.  Lex Cath is still on schedule.  LaSalle and Campbell Co fell off.  Given that SK was a replacement game for Campbell, I assume that they’re not on current 21 schedule.  I assume the 8 opponents for now are:

Ryle, Beechwood, Lex Cath, Conner, Cooper, Boone, Highlands, Dixie

Two weeks open.

Even though they could always possibly see each other later in the playoffs. I think adding Bowling Green to the schedule would be great for both teams. Both are great programs with strong fanbases. It would give both teams a strong early season test, and give them a good chance to see where they are at in 5A to start the year. 

19 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Even though they could always possibly see each other later in the playoffs. I think adding Bowling Green to the schedule would be great for both teams. Both are great programs with strong fanbases. It would give both teams a strong early season test, and give them a good chance to see where they are at in 5A to start the year. 

Unless, it is a neutral site game, that may be a little too far distance wise. The games within a 2 hour drive seem more beneficial to getting there and back the same day. That leaves Indy, Columbus, Dayton, Louisville, and (obviously) Cincinnati as potential games. Plenty of potential games there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samcro said:

I think Louisville St X would be a great series.  CCH would have its hands full, but, I think it makes sense.  One “long” regular season road trip each year, is a good thing.  Gives the kids some experience, come playoff time.

If they can swing Lex Cath and Lou St X, and ensure that they’re on the road for one and home for the other, that would help come playoff time.  Frankly, any KY blue blood would be fun.  Belfry, Ashland, Mayfield, Male, whatever.  Any of that would be cool.  Rest assured, the AD is working hard.  Best in the business, in my heavily biased, opinion.

Another good matchup would be with East Central, not too far over the river (about 40 minutes) in St. Leon. The Trojans are always a top 5 program in Indiana 4A and would be a great gate with their rabid fan base. The soccer programs play semi regularly so the athletic departments are in touch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

Another good matchup would be with East Central, not too far over the river (about 40 minutes) in St. Leon. The Trojans are always a top 5 program in Indiana 4A and would be a great gate with their rabid fan base. The soccer programs play semi regularly so the athletic departments are in touch.

Great call.  Great program.  Would love to see a 2+ hour trip, once/year in the regular season.  

Putnam Stadium in Ashland is really cool.  Would be a neat experience.  

2 hours ago, Sportsguy10 said:

Let’s get back to the Topic next year’s roster?

Gone: Stegman, Schnider, Reardon, Caleb and Dickhouse is huge

could next years team be better?

-Move Aden J to DT ?

-QB: Can Edie get Evan Pitzer ready to start? He’s 6’2 165 pounds as a freshman with potential to be 6’6 200+. 

Someone pointed out Pitzer to me on the sideline. Looks like he’s already 6’5”. Probably spot on with the 165lbs though. If he’s got any shot of playing next year will need to put 20lbs at least if not more. 

Probably the  same for the Willie R. kid. Heard good things about him as well, but looked just as skinny as Pitzer. Get those boys some protein!

53 minutes ago, Samcro said:

Great call.  Great program.  Would love to see a 2+ hour trip, once/year in the regular season.  

Putnam Stadium in Ashland is really cool.  Would be a neat experience.  

Completely agree on Putnam. Haven't been there since 1988 (I'm old), but it is an outstanding venue.

1 hour ago, BlueKernels said:

Someone pointed out Pitzer to me on the sideline. Looks like he’s already 6’5”. Probably spot on with the 165lbs though. If he’s got any shot of playing next year will need to put 20lbs at least if not more. 

Probably the  same for the Willie R. kid. Heard good things about him as well, but looked just as skinny as Pitzer. Get those boys some protein!

Inside info; the Willie R kid will be special. Kid is strong and athletic. I didn’t see a freshman in KY better then him. 

Pitzer and Rodriguez are two names you want to remember