Bowling Green at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates (5A Semifinals)

Who wins?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bowling Green
    • Covington Catholic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

You realize your Shamrocks scored 42 points on BG.

So you think CovCath can score one point less than Trinity on BGs defense?

I'm obviously aware of what Trinity scored on BG. As well as what Trinity allowed, a pick 6.

So yes, I believe CC can score 41, while also giving up 38.  

I've been wrong all year. Thats why I thought I was clear in saying I don't know enough about either team to vote. 

Maybe it'll be BG-8 CC- 5. I like high scoring games.

1 minute ago, NLTanker1 said:

I'm obviously aware of what Trinity scored on BG. As well as what Trinity allowed, a pick 6.

So yes, I believe CC can score 41, while also giving up 38.  

I've been wrong all year. Thats why I thought I was clear in saying I don't know enough about either team to vote. 

Maybe it'll be BG-8 CC- 5. I like high scoring games.

Noted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killowatt59 said:

Okay can confirm my sources this is true. 👎

Was also told "they might be generous enough to let us do radio". 

So that is not guaranteed either.  

Man what a strike to CC. No COVID is not an excuse, especially if they end up letting them do radio up there. And charging $15.  What a joke and pretty much a disgrace. Wish the KHSAA would step in here. With tickets already limited lots of fans looking for a broadcast. Now no local video broadcast for sure.

Also now have to figure out how to bring up theor video broadcast on my TV. What a disaster.

Cov. Catholic you just made the list!

jericho-the-list.jpg

I'm more than confident that the "might be generous enough" bit of the statement you were given was an ad lib from someone on the BG end of things and not from CCH athletic director Mr. Bacigalupo.

I get it. Not getting to go to the game sucks. Not getting to watch your own broadcast sucks. All due respect, though, CCH is a private school and doesn't get to petition any school district for financial help when the athletic department budget takes a nose dive because of coronavirus. The broadcast costs money because CCH is trying to recoup money they haven't been making all season long at the gate. If your public school is able to weather the coronavirus storm without having to make any changes to their usual way of doing things, that's awesome. Our school isn't so lucky. As a result, they charge $15 for the broadcast, just like a good handful of other schools have done. Gripe about the $15 if you want, sure, but "pretty much a disgrace"? Give me a break.

It's a good broadcast. And they provide a free audio broadcast. And it sounds like they may well be allowing BG to do their own audio broadcast. I'm gonna be paying $15 just like you to watch. And I'm gonna be glad I'm not stuck reading about the score in the newspaper on Saturday morning instead.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m not sure what BG runs on defense, but my guess is they’ll take a good look at the Lex Cath game and come out with a decent amount of man coverage. 

Caleb played probably one of the best games of his career in this game last year and we need him to play at that level on Friday if we want to win. Anything less and it’s tough for me to see us winning. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

I'm more than confident that the "might be generous enough" bit of the statement you were given was an ad lib from someone on the BG end of things and not from CCH athletic director Mr. Bacigalupo.

I get it. Not getting to go to the game sucks. Not getting to watch your own broadcast sucks. All due respect, though, CCH doesn't get to petition the school district for financial help when the athletic department budget takes a nose dive because of coronavirus. The broadcast costs money because CCH is trying to recoup money they haven't been making all season long at the gate. If your public school is able to weather the coronavirus storm without having to make any changes to their usual way of doing things, that's awesome. Our school isn't so lucky. As a result, they charge $15 for the broadcast. The broadcast, just like a good handful of other schools have done. Gripe about the $15 if you want, sure, but "pretty much a disgrace"? Give me a break.

It's a good broadcast. And they provide a free audio broadcast. And it sounds like they may well be allowing BG to do their own audio broadcast. I'm gonna be paying $15 just like you to watch. And I'm gonna be glad I'm not stuck reading about the score in the newspaper on Saturday morning instead.

This is a nonsense post on many levels. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

I’m not sure what BG runs on defense, but my guess is they’ll take a good look at the Lex Cath game and come out with a decent amount of man coverage. 

Caleb played probably one of the best games of his career in this game last year and we need him to play at that level on Friday if we want to win. Anything less and it’s tough for me to see us winning. 

CC, this is well said.  Other than Mayer, I thought QB Jacob was your second best player on the field.  He was terrific last year!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

CC, this is well said.  Other than Mayer, I thought QB Jacob was your second best player on the field.  He was terrific last year!

He played great last year. He made some big time throws down the field and did a great job extending plays. This year is just different, losing Mayer is obviously a massive loss and we aren't as good at the other WR spot that we had with Molique last year (though I really like the Soph in that spot).

This year we've been very average in the passing game and the best thing we've done is run Caleb. You can probably tell by my comments how I feel about the game on Friday but we'll see. We need to come out fired up and ready to play. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

He played great last year. He made some big time throws down the field and did a great job extending plays. This year is just different, losing Mayer is obviously a massive loss and we aren't as good at the other WR spot that we had with Molique last year (though I really like the Soph in that spot).

This year we've been very average in the passing game and the best thing we've done is run Caleb. You can probably tell by my comments how I feel about the game on Friday but we'll see. We need to come out fired up and ready to play. 

Very accurate here. Passing game hasn’t been anywhere near last years level, coaches have really scaled it back, part of the reason why you see the QB running so much. On top of that CCH has dealt with some injuries at the RB spot. 

I see a lot of people predicting a Cov Cath win, and I respect that.  But what games has Cov Cath had this season to prepare them for this level of opponent?  I understand Jacob is a veteran and knows exactly what it takes, but Cov Cath’s schedule this season has been quite weak compared to prior years.  Cov Cath isn’t the same team they were week one, and neither is Bowling Green.  I simply think Bowling Green has Cov Cath beat in every aspect besides home field advantage and QB play, but that’s my opinion!  Can’t wait for Friday

• Like 2