Trinity vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates (6A Playoffs)

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 06:29 AM

1 hour ago, LongTimeReader said:

Trinity wins by whatever amount they want to win by. There just isn't a team in the state this year that can compare to Trinity. 

1 hour ago, NLTanker1 said:

As is most years.

I really think UK could give them a game, at least for a half anyway.

• Haha 2

There is such a huge talent gap between Trinity and the rest of the field this year.  Dixie has no chance.  It's nothing to do with heart and everything to do with playing one of the best teams in the nation.  In games like this where one team has no chance to win, I do believe in moral victories.  Moral victories for Dixie would include scoring on T's #1 defense and delaying the running clock until after half time.

I’m pulling hard for Dixie. As for the line, gonna be a tough test, but they do have pancake machine Evan Wibberly at Tackle. They have talent on line. As for Dixie “dominating” Beechwood, someone been hitting the spiked egg nog too much. Lol.

Great team, not afraid of anyone from what I’ve seen.  What’s the old saying?  You wanna be the best you gotta beat the best?  In the year of COVID where any day your season could, I’d love this chance as a player. Knowing some of those kids, I’m sure they do too. 

The year 2004 was referenced earlier by @NLTanker1. For anyone not aware of the significance of that year, that was the last time a Kentucky school other than St. X or Male defeated Trinity. Dixie Heights did the job that year, 14-10, in the second round of the 4A playoffs.

Think about that... sixteen years and your only in-state losses are against the other two members of the Louisville "Big Three". Incredible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

The year 2004 was referenced earlier by @NLTanker1. For anyone not aware of the significance of that year, that was the last time a Kentucky school other than St. X or Male defeated Trinity. Dixie Heights did the job that year, 14-10, in the second round of the 4A playoffs.

Think about that... sixteen years and your only in-state losses are against the other two members of the Louisville "Big Three". Incredible.

It truly is incredible, as there have been teams capable since then. Moreover, Trinity only missed 3 other state title appearances  since then. '13, '15 & '18.  And I believe Male beat them in the semi state game those 3 times. So, since Beatty arrived, there's only been 4 times the Rocks didn't play for the Championship. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JIM SEYMOUR # 85 said:

Nice article on line - CJ - by J.Frakes- about the previous game.

Good read. 

Yes that that is a good article. I did not know the history behind that game. I was there. Dixie was the better team that night.