Trinity vs. Dixie Heights Predictions/Updates (6A Playoffs)

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 06:29 AM

Trinity (7-0) advanced by defeating Eastern 49-7 and Dixie Heights (6-3) advanced by defeating Simon Kenton 34-33 and Ryle 41-36. Trinity is #1 in 6A in scoring margin with a avg of 38 ppg. while Dixie Heights is #13 at 2.2 ppg. Trinity's rushing defense is holding teams to a eye popping -11 yds ppg. Dixie Heights is #23 in passing defense yielding 144 yds ppg. which won't bode well for Dixie Heights facing Trinity QB Nathan McElroy who has passed for 1051 yds and 14 td. Dixie Heights will counter the stingy Trinity defense with top 5 6A QB Logan Landers who has passed for 1819 yds and 13 td and #2 WR Devin Holbert with 923 yds and 8 td. Can Dixie Heights defy the odds and pull the upset or does Trinity roll into the semifinals?

image.thumb.png.ea2d09f1435242a40c94eeabff602888.png

• Thanks 1

If there is one thing about this Dixie team that gives them a sliver of hope, is that one, big names have not scared them. Two, they played CovCath tight, then went down to Corbin and arguably should have won both of those contests. Went to Beechwood and dominated. Ryle is a top ten team. Dixie has faced early deficits in both playoff games and clawed back. There are a couple coaches on staff that were present for the 2014 championship game. I don't think this team is scared of anyone that lines up in front of them. They do have some horses to run with most teams. Im under no illusions of the most likely outcome of this game in favor of Trinity. I voted for Dixie because I'm a Dixie parent, stranger things have happened, and 2020 can't get any weirder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hogstooth said:

If there is one thing about this Dixie team that gives them a sliver of hope, is that one, big names have not scared them. Two, they played CovCath tight, then went down to Corbin and arguably should have won both of those contests. Went to Beechwood and dominated. Ryle is a top ten team. Dixie has faced early deficits in both playoff games and clawed back. There are a couple coaches on staff that were present for the 2014 championship game. I don't think this team is scared of anyone that lines up in front of them. They do have some horses to run with most teams. Im under no illusions of the most likely outcome of this game in favor of Trinity. I voted for Dixie because I'm a Dixie parent, stranger things have happened, and 2020 can't get any weirder.

Dixie vs Beechwood 

Halftime score was Dixie 21 Beechwood 13

Final score Dixie 28 Beechwood 20

Dixie was impressive versus Beechwood but not sure I would say dominated.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Dixie vs Beechwood 

Halftime score was Dixie 21 Beechwood 13

Final score Dixie 28 Beechwood 20

Dixie was impressive versus Beechwood but not sure I would say dominated.

I don't want to hijack a Trinity/Dixie thread with debate about a different team. But Beechwood was dominated. The time to defend your take was back in week 4. 290 plus yards on the ground for Dixie would disagree with your point. B-Wood couldn't do anything they wanted to after the first quarter and a half really. B-Wood did score quickly which highlights an important trend against Dixie, they get down early and have to fight back. Trinity no doubt will try to exploit this. While I mention Dixie has the horses to run with most teams, they do not have any in the stable to overcome a deficit to a team as good as Trinity. 

1 hour ago, hogstooth said:

I don't want to hijack a Trinity/Dixie thread with debate about a different team. But Beechwood was dominated. The time to defend your take was back in week 4. 290 plus yards on the ground for Dixie would disagree with your point. B-Wood couldn't do anything they wanted to after the first quarter and a half really. B-Wood did score quickly which highlights an important trend against Dixie, they get down early and have to fight back. Trinity no doubt will try to exploit this. While I mention Dixie has the horses to run with most teams, they do not have any in the stable to overcome a deficit to a team as good as Trinity. 

Agree not to hijack this thread. We'll see if your definition of domination stays the same after Friday. To be clear though,  I am rooting for Dixie!

• Like 1

I'm seldom shocked by the few who pick against the clear favorite. The Trinity/ Eastern game didn't even get a thread. I feel the same about this game. Dixie Heights is in for a reality check this week. This isn't the 2004 Shamrocks. Trinity has won 11 titles since then.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1