13th Region Fan Poll

4chs

1. South Laurel.....until someone proves otherwise the machine rolls on.

2. Bell County.....Slusher and a healthy Ryan Whitaker put the Cats #2

3. Corbin.....Crawford and the Young Guns are going to be a tough out.

4. Cumberland...Desmond Johnson leads a good defensive team.

5. Jackson Co....Brumback is a beast inside. Lots of talent around him.

6. Pineville...Great coaching combined with James Strange and Day.

7. Cawood....Once inside game comes around and guard play improves.

8. Knox Central....Miller is talented.....can they get some help around him.

9. Clay County....Players graduate...tradition never does.

10. North Laurel....Learn to handle the press and get it to Asher.

Best of the Rest: Harlan....Smith needs some help. Lynn Camp...Coach Pennington has some talented youngsters. Middlesboro...some talent...need some depth. Barbourville...once Vanover is healthy Tigers will win games.

Wait til next year: Whitley County....Colonels maybe a year or two away. Wburg.....young players and Coach need some time to restore the program.

Red Bird is a tough place to win. I seen Corbin get beat up there by a Very, Very weak Harlan team in the All A a few years ago. Young teams will have their ups and downs as the season goes. That is one reason South and Bell are near the top. Experience tells you what to do, confidence allows you to do it......so those teams win alot of games from having been there. Pineville is the best team in the 51st district with Knox Central running 2nd, in my opinion. But I am a musical genius, not a basketball analyst.

I agree. Lynn Camp has one of the best young coaches in the area. Although the picture of him in the Times Tribune needs to be changed. Coach Pennington has done a job over there. Solid class A program he has built. It would not surprise me to see him get snatched up by a bigger school in the near future.

1. South

2. Bell (my darkhorse)

T3. Corbin

T3. Cumberland

5. Jackson Co.

6. Cawood

7. Clay Co.

8. Pineville

9. Knox Central

10. Harlan

Thats exactly what I thought,I did have Pineville up there,but If Red Bird beat them I have to bump them down.