Raceland 68 Fleming 52

Statmaster you have a right to post what you want to but it seems that you always have to put one kid or another down in the process. That Sph. guard you speak of is a pretty good b.b. player and athlete by the way. He will be a main ingredient in the Ramblers sucsess this season. I just don't like see anyone to single out one kid to critisize and to name that kid. I know you didn't mention the name but anyone can tell excatly who you were talking about. This is a h.s. forum so please don't single any one h.s. kid out in critisizm. JMO

Once again OldRambler, very well stated post. These young men earned

the win and like I posted earlier, ugly or not, it was a WIN!! Just too many

turnovers but that can be corrected.

Keep working hard Rams!!

Once again OldRambler, very well stated post. These young men earned

the win and like I posted earlier, ugly or not, it was a WIN!! Just too many

turnovers but that can be corrected.

Keep working hard Rams!!

:thumb: Thanks, I just don't like to see negative stuff posted and especially when it singles out one individual. Basketball as in all sports is a TEAM game. I also agree with you in that the t.o.'s are something that will be worked on and take care of itself. Cvillecat stated that some of these kids are coming out of a very sucsessful football season and are still feeling the effects of injuries from that. Imo people should also take that into consideration. I enjoy your post as well - :thumb:

The sophomore guard that statmaster refers to has been the second leading scorer in several games already this season. He may make a few turnovers a game, (due to inexperienced varsity play), but IMO the points and steals the kid puts in the books more than balance out the discrepancy. This kid also went 15/16 in receptions during the regular football season, so he's more than proved his athleticism. He'll make the transition to basketball very smoothly all the while contributing to the Ram victories.

I think Holbrook is playing extremely well. He takes care of all the "little things" that don't show on the books. He holds the team together and IMO is definitely the leader on the court. He told me himself that last night wasn't his best game and was a bit disappointed. It is early in the season, and the boys will continue to improve day by day.

The sophomore guard that statmaster refers to has been the second leading scorer in several games already this season. He may make a few turnovers a game, (due to inexperienced varsity play), but IMO the points and steals the kid puts in the books more than balance out the discrepancy. This kid also went 15/16 in receptions during the regular football season, so he's more than proved his athleticism. He'll make the transition to basketball very smoothly all the while contributing to the Ram victories.

I think Holbrook is playing extremely well. He takes care of all the "little things" that don't show on the books. He holds the team together and IMO is definitely the leader on the court. He told me himself that last night wasn't his best game and was a bit disappointed. It is early in the season, and the boys will continue to improve day by day.

:thumb: :thumb: Great post! I know the kid that was referred to also and he is no question a good athlete, basketball player and football player.

That sophomore guard is probably their 2nd best scoring option. He has the ability to score in a myriad of ways and he is a nice diversion from the one-dimensional guards that we have had the past several years.:thumb: Actually we are turning the ball over more this year but the turnovers are occurring in a pro-active manner. Mullins turns the ball over too, but its done in a very "stylish" manner - usually! J. Holbrook needs to play with more consistent energy and intensity and his minutes will take care of it self. He is a nice "role player" and it seems he has found his niche. Whose minutes should he be getting?? Didn't you say the same thing about Sr players last year? I don't think you would have said the samething about Holbrook last year.:rolleyes:;)

Great post 78! :ylsuper:

Statmaster you have a right to post what you want to but it seems that you always have to put one kid or another down in the process. That Sph. guard you speak of is a pretty good b.b. player and athlete by the way. He will be a main ingredient in the Ramblers sucsess this season. I just don't like see anyone to single out one kid to critisize and to name that kid. I know you didn't mention the name but anyone can tell excatly who you were talking about. This is a h.s. forum so please don't single any one h.s. kid out in critisizm. JMO

How am I putting him down? I said he will be a very good player when he learns to take care of the ball better. I didnt say anything negative. All I stated was that he had a lot of turnovers in this particular game. I know he's a good kid and player.Where did I say that he wasn't?

How am I putting him down? I said he will be a very good player when he learns to take care of the ball better. I didnt say anything negative. All I stated was that he had a lot of turnovers in this particular game. I know he's a good kid and player.Where did I say that he wasn't?

I won't go into any further on this thread but it just seems to me you have a negative tone in most of your post on other threads as well as this one. I along with others have noticed it and if I am in error then I apologize.

Quoting Statmaster: "Their sophomore guard had to of had at least 10 turnovers himself. He is a good shooter and scorer. When he learns to take care of the ball better, he will be one of the better players in area."

How about this:

While Raceland's sophomore guard is a good shooter and scorer, he will become one of the better players in the area when he learns to take better care of the ball.

leave out the turnover stat...

Turning something that sounds negative into something positive just takes a little forethought. You can do it...just give it a try. If you apply it to all areas of your life, you may even walk around with a smile on your face.:thumb:

U-G-L-Y Win...but a win is a win!! The Rams need to keep working hard and and cut down on some turnovers. Sparks played very well and basically won the game for the Rams down the stretch. Good luck this friday and stay focused guys.