FYI

nWo

Enjoy the relative tranquil weather we should see to about the next couple of weeks. I've been checking some of the long-range outlooks. It looks like we may be in for a quite stormy middle of April. I'll be watching it and post information when necessary.

I'm watching next week closely Tuesday-Wednesday for possible storms. For now it seems that eastern Kentucky will get in on the possible severe weather this time.

nWo----

First, thank you for all the info you provide on BGP.

Second, do you know whether (and this may not be in your bailiwick) the reduced airline and motor vehicle traffic has any effect on the weather.........in terms of less emissions put forth in the atmosphere? Thanks.

nWo----

First, thank you for all the info you provide on BGP.

Second, do you know whether (and this may not be in your bailiwick) the reduced airline and motor vehicle traffic has any effect on the weather.........in terms of less emissions put forth in the atmosphere? Thanks.

I've read a couple of articles that have stated that the shutdowns in China and India have had an effect on pollution in those countries. Both countries had a complete shutdown of everything so it indeed did effect pollution in those countries. I haven't seen anything about this country though.

@tcjkbt

The mental image many people have of the Los Angeles skyline is one obscured by smog, with thick air pollution hanging over its downtown buildings.

But with the city -- and the entire state of California -- under stay-at-home orders to stem the deadly outbreak of coronavirus, something dramatic has happened to the air in LA. On Tuesday, LA saw some of the cleanest air of any major city in the world, according to IQAir, a Swiss air quality technology company which also monitors pollution levels in cities around the globe.

Los Angeles has notoriously polluted air. But right now it has some of the cleanest of any major city - CNN