Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 81 Kentucky 73

Featured Replies

  • Author

The Cats were up 51-34 with just over 16 minutes to play and were outscored the Cats 47-22 the rest of the way.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maxey - 38 minutes of playing time - zero rebounds. I just don't understand how you play an entire game and don't get a rebound. Seems that should at least happen on accident. He needs to get tougher.

Maxey - 38 minutes of playing time - zero rebounds. I just don't understand how you play an entire game and don't get a rebound. Seems that should at least happen on accident. He needs to get tougher.

 

While it obviously wasn’t his best game in rebounding in this one. He is the leading rebounder out of the guards for UK. In fact he averages the third most rebounds on the team behind the two big guys in Richards and Montgomery. So stats don’t really match your statement.

While it obviously wasn’t his best game in rebounding in this one. He is the leading rebounder out of the guards for UK. In fact he averages the third most rebounds on the team behind the two big guys in Richards and Montgomery. So stats don’t really match your statement.

 

Yes, actually they do. Stat - 0 rebounds. Stat - 38 minutes.

 

If you'd like to debate his ability to rebound throughout the year I'd agree. But this game, nonexistent. Watched on several key possessions where he didn't attempt to boxout his guy, opting instead to be the outlet man.

Sky isn’t falling although it was a bad loss at home. Just shows us that nobody is really that good this year. Pick with a coin in March.

I went to bed at halftime thinking the game was safely tucked away....I gues the Cats did too.

Other than the mid-majors they've played, the Cats have not blown anybody out this year. They tend to play to the level of their opponent and don't close them out, letting them hang around. It's made games that should have not been close, close, almost cost them the Florida game last week, and did cost them at Auburn. Any team can get hot like Tennessee did last night and when you play like the way Kentucky has this year, nights like that can happen.

 

It is what it is.

This team is either going to break our hearts or go deep in tournament and at this point I have no idea which.

Edited by bugatti
Failure to use punctuation.

UK didn't care enough about winning last night. SEC title in hand.

 

No different than the way they've played all year in my opinion.

Yes, actually they do. Stat - 0 rebounds. Stat - 38 minutes.

 

If you'd like to debate his ability to rebound throughout the year I'd agree. But this game, nonexistent. Watched on several key possessions where he didn't attempt to boxout his guy, opting instead to be the outlet man.

 

I am not going to argue Maxey's toughness. But whether it was something UT was doing or UK simply feeling themselves, keeping UK's guards off the boards was telling. To me, UK's best rebounders (pound-for-pound) are their guards. Richards has a decent offensive rebound or two a game, but he is not a dominating rebounding presence. UK's guards average 12.8 rebounds/game. Last night they collected 4.

 

I thought it was astute when UK was up by double-digits, Dykes made the following observations as to why UK - to this point - can't cut down the nets.

 

- Net defensive rating, specifically as it relates to securing defensive rebounds. Three possessions late UK could not secure a board.

- Hagans inability to protect the rock. Three turnovers last night, but he had a really rough end to the game securing the ball.

- UK's inability to put away teams. See the end result.

The Cats were up 51-34 with just over 16 minutes to play and were outscored the Cats 47-22 the rest of the way.

 

It's kind of unreal. Bad turnovers and poor shot selection, combined with bad defense.

I woke up this morning and confirmed that I'm still bummed about this loss. I kinda expected they might lose to Florida, but not this one. Kentucky dropped seven spots in the NET ratings as a result.

I woke up this morning and confirmed that I'm still bummed about this loss. I kinda expected they might lose to Florida, but not this one. Kentucky dropped seven spots in the NET ratings as a result.

 

You care about it more than the players did. Forget about it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.