March 4, 20206 yr Incredibly poor final 15-16 minutes of basketball. I don't understand how a team can look so good and so awful in the same game.
March 4, 20206 yr Final well that #2 seed didn’t last long. Was just about to say, it would figure, right after Lunardi bumped them up. When Kentucky was up 15-17 points, I would not have been able to fathom them blowing it. Terrible loss.
March 4, 20206 yr Some things in life just don’t make sense. Fulkerson being the best player on the floor in Rupp, is one of them.
March 4, 20206 yr Well that was a horrible half of basketball. Hopefully this is one of those losses, where it helps refocus them to propel them the rest of the way. Either way this team has to figure out how to finish a team off, once they are up double digits. This looked a lot like the South Carolina game. This team currently fits in with a lot of teams. A team that can lose in the first round, or a team that could win it all. It’s going to be a crazy NCAA tournament this year.
March 4, 20206 yr Well that was a horrible half of basketball. Hopefully this is one of those losses, where it helps refocus them to propel them the rest of the way. Either way this team has to figure out how to finish a team off, once they are up double digits. This looked a lot like the South Carolina game. This team currently fits in with a lot of teams. A team that can lose in the first round, or a team that could win it all. It’s going to be a crazy NCAA tournament this year. I think the reason I’m selling my UK stock is, they seem to let everyone back in it. Then Quickly or Maxey bails them out around the 4-5 minute mark. Just didn’t happen tonight.
March 4, 20206 yr Some things in life just don’t make sense. Fulkerson being the best player on the floor in Rupp, is one of them. Rupp arena through the years from Pitino to Calipari. Always seems to be a place where another teams player plays out of their mind. Usually though UK still wins, that wasn’t the case tonight. That guy kept them in it, and then helped them win it. I was kind of hoping UK would lose one more before the big dance. However, I was hoping that may come in the SEC tournament, because didn’t want them Entering the big dance on a 13 game win streak. Seems like a team that needs to be brought back down to earth. Either way though definitely not a good lost, especially in the second half. Hopefully this refocuses them, after wrapping up the conference a few days ago.
March 4, 20206 yr Got home late tonight. Was watching the start of the second half. Cats were up 17 and I accidentally come across this thread. I just quit watching and deleted it. Definitely shot themselves in the foot here. Maybe we can stop whining about seeding now.
March 4, 20206 yr I think the reason I’m selling my UK stock is, they seem to let everyone back in it. Then Quickly or Maxey bails them out around the 4-5 minute mark. Just didn’t happen tonight. No argument from me on that. This team still hasn’t figured out how to put a team away, once they are up. At the end of the day though, if they can figure it out in the NCAA tournament, that is all that matters. However, definitely admit that has to be a concern right now at this point with their inability to put a team away.
March 4, 20206 yr I think the reason I’m selling my UK stock is, they seem to let everyone back in it. Then Quickly or Maxey bails them out around the 4-5 minute mark. Just didn’t happen tonight. Fair assessment.
March 4, 20206 yr No argument from me on that. This team still hasn’t figured out how to put a team away, once they are up. At the end of the day though, if they can figure it out in the NCAA tournament, that is all that matters. However, definitely admit that has to be a concern right now at this point with their inability to put a team away. 2 to a 4 seed now?
March 4, 20206 yr 2 to a 4 seed now? I think they will stay at a 3 seed that they were at before today. A lot of teams keep losing too, so that helps. But they will be one is the lower 3 seeds now, where could easily flip back to a 4 if a few teams behind them pick up a couple big wins. The last few years then conference tournaments haven’t really done much to change a seed. It will be interesting if that changes this year.
March 4, 20206 yr That loss is very simple. I said it above. Give up 81 points, you lose. TN shot 53%.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.