Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Boys Basketball Preview

Featured Replies

Caleb Jefferson has been ranked as one of the top players in the state for his grade since 6th grade. He started varsity for Beechwood in 8th grade. Caleb transferred to Newcath where he was one of best guards in region last year. To "not know who he is" may speak to the credibility of this report...just saying.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great write up. FYI, I’m pretty sure Vieth, Vinson and Bessler are Juniors.

Caleb Jefferson has been ranked as one of the top players in the state for his grade since 6th grade. He started varsity for Beechwood in 8th grade. Caleb transferred to Newcath where he was one of best guards in region last year. To "not know who he is" may speak to the credibility of this report...just saying.

 

I posted his stats from last year above. I strongly doubt he has been one of the top ten players in the state at any point since 8th grade. Definitely a good player. Not in the top ten in the 9th region. And if he isn't in the top ten in the 9th region I don't think he is in the top ten in the state ... just saying.

 

Plus the poster just said Jefferson and didn't even mention the school.

 

And one more point - take note of PP1's asterisk and comment about the "top ten" players named.

@ Double Deuce, I 100% agree with you! Very few will know who he is seeing he played very little or none at all last year with injury. I watched him on the court a few times this summer with several of the top players on this list and i walked away talking about him. He will make a nice impact this year for CCH.

I would keep an eye on Colin McHale this year, I will be shocked if he isn't a consensus Top 5 player a year from now. Great shooter, bouncey, super feel for the game -- and the kind of kid you love to root for.

 

Nice list, thanks for putting it together.

 

@ Double Deuce, I 100% agree with you! Very few will know who he is seeing he played very little or none at all last year with injury. I watched him on the court a few times this summer with several of the top players on this list and i walked away talking about him. He will make a nice impact this year for CCH.

 

I have followed the bread crumbs. Colin McHale plays for Covington Catholic.

Coaches Top 10:

 

1) Covington Catholic (222)

2) Beechwood (160)

3) Newport Central Catholic (153)

4) St. Henry (136)

5) Conner (131)

6) Cooper (107)

7) Highlands (66)

7) Simon Kenton (66)

9) Campbell County (49)

10) Lloyd (39)

 

Campbell County and Simon Kenton are not in the 9th Region.

Campbell County and Simon Kenton are not in the 9th Region.

 

That is the Northern KY Coaches' Poll.

Great write up. FYI, I’m pretty sure Vieth, Vinson and Bessler are Juniors.

 

Vieth and Bessler are Juniors...don’t know about Vinson.

  • Author
Vieth and Bessler are Juniors...don’t know about Vinson.

 

They all are Juniors. I just checked. Sorry, don't know why I missed that; I'm usually on top of stuff like that.

They all are Juniors. I just checked. Sorry, don't know why I missed that; I'm usually on top of stuff like that.

 

I feel ya brother. I don't know if I could be anywhere near as accurate as you. I dig all things 9th Region, but still each season need to get in the loop, and since I'm not attached to any program it's guys like you who do the deeper research, and get us all on board. I appreciate your efforts, and you do a dang good job, and even with a bit of colorful flavor. I applaud you, and don't worry about perfection as it all falls into place with other folks chiming in to iron things out. :thumb:

I posted his stats from last year above. I strongly doubt he has been one of the top ten players in the state at any point since 8th grade. Definitely a good player. Not in the top ten in the 9th region. And if he isn't in the top ten in the 9th region I don't think he is in the top ten in the state ... just saying.

 

Plus the poster just said Jefferson and didn't even mention the school.

 

And one more point - take note of PP1's asterisk and comment about the "top ten" players named.

 

Thanks for all of the "dislikes". I may have overreacted to the "don't know who they are" reply but I feel compelled to educate those that do no know them . Both of these kids are stars and have overcome serious injuries. Caleb Jefferson is one of the best wide receivers in the state this year. In basketball he owns the floor...just watch him...eat some popcorn and watch him. Kevin Centers has played his role in Coach Sully's program..maybe not so much in stats..maybe defense..maybe leadership..winning..he has starred for the Kentucky Defenders AAU program until he tore his ACL early this spring. He has fought every day to get back. I am told he will be a force. Kevin is a tough kid. Go tell him you don't believe in him and see what happens. ANYONE who has followed this class of kids knows both of them....and knows their heart...and knows that they will take any dismissal of them as fuel to their fire...So, to that end...on their behalf...Thank you!

Relax. Both fine players, just not top 10 players in a stacked 9th region. I hope both kids have great seasons.

  • Author
I posted his stats from last year above. I strongly doubt he has been one of the top ten players in the state at any point since 8th grade. Definitely a good player. Not in the top ten in the 9th region. And if he isn't in the top ten in the 9th region I don't think he is in the top ten in the state ... just saying.

 

Plus the poster just said Jefferson and didn't even mention the school.

 

And one more point - take note of PP1's asterisk and comment about the "top ten" players named.

 

Thanks for all of the "dislikes". I may have overreacted to the "don't know who they are" reply but I feel compelled to educate those that do no know them . Both of these kids are stars and have overcome serious injuries. Caleb Jefferson is one of the best wide receivers in the state this year. In basketball he owns the floor...just watch him...eat some popcorn and watch him. Kevin Centers has played his role in Coach Sully's program..maybe not so much in stats..maybe defense..maybe leadership..winning..he has starred for the Kentucky Defenders AAU program until he tore his ACL early this spring. He has fought every day to get back. I am told he will be a force. Kevin is a tough kid. Go tell him you don't believe in him and see what happens. ANYONE who has followed this class of kids knows both of them....and knows their heart...and knows that they will take any dismissal of them as fuel to their fire...So, to that end...on their behalf...Thank you!

 

It really bothers you that I do not know them. I've never really had a reaction like this. I do not have the rosters or the starting five of each 9th Region team memorized, especially before the season starts.

 

Just curious, which players in my Top 10 do you think should be bumped in order to include these two players? All the great things you have said about these two kids could probably be said about several other kids.

 

Also, I do not follow particular classes, but all players in the region regardless of their age. In the off-season there are threads that are used for specific graduating classes.

 

I also said some positive things about both of their teams. I assume, that since this is a team sport, that you appreciate it?

I posted his stats from last year above. I strongly doubt he has been one of the top ten players in the state at any point since 8th grade. Definitely a good player. Not in the top ten in the 9th region. And if he isn't in the top ten in the 9th region I don't think he is in the top ten in the state ... just saying.

 

Plus the poster just said Jefferson and didn't even mention the school.

 

And one more point - take note of PP1's asterisk and comment about the "top ten" players named.

 

Thanks for all of the "dislikes". I may have overreacted to the "don't know who they are" reply but I feel compelled to educate those that do no know them . Both of these kids are stars and have overcome serious injuries. Caleb Jefferson is one of the best wide receivers in the state this year. In basketball he owns the floor...just watch him...eat some popcorn and watch him. Kevin Centers has played his role in Coach Sully's program..maybe not so much in stats..maybe defense..maybe leadership..winning..he has starred for the Kentucky Defenders AAU program until he tore his ACL early this spring. He has fought every day to get back. I am told he will be a force. Kevin is a tough kid. Go tell him you don't believe in him and see what happens. ANYONE who has followed this class of kids knows both of them....and knows their heart...and knows that they will take any dismissal of them as fuel to their fire...So, to that end...on their behalf...Thank you!

 

Welcome to BGP. Questioning @PP1 credibility when he clearly stated the conditions his rankings are on, and can only pick 10 players, is probably why you got the dislikes. I question your credibility when you claim Jefferson is "one of the top players in the state" and then "one of the best WRs". Not a shot at Jefferson, but what does "one of the best consist of? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10? I can easily name 10 players in the state ranked higher in basketball and just as easily name 10 WRs. Again, no disrespect to Jefferson, but your credibility comes in to questions when you throw words around like that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.