BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Boys Basketball Preview

PP1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*For the list of players, I felt it only fair to include young men that I have seen play or have adequate knowledge about their game. I realize there is some new talent from out of state in the 9th Region now, but since I know nothing about these players, I felt unqualified to speak on their talents. I try to include player accolades in my weekly reports, so they will have their chances to become Bluegrasspreps.com

Thank you for the post. Just wondering how you came up with top ten? Did you just look up the top ten returning scorers from last year in the region and put them as your top ten?

The answer to your question is in the original post. See above.

Thank you. I’m sorry I over looked it.

Also keep in mind that I am employed by Bluegrasspreps.com for this job, but it is just my opinion based on what only I see or know. Grant Disken, for example, is #2 on the list but if he sat next to me at Starbucks I wouldn't recognize him w/o his uniform. I've only watched Cov-Cath about eight times over the last two years. I go by stats, other news outlets, and the comments of what other BGP members, whom I respect, say.

I try to see every team play throughout the year. Every Sunday or Monday morning I write an article on team rankings with various notes and details from the previous week. At the end of the year, I do a big district and regional preview with a list of players.

Keep in mind that with such a passionate fan base that we have in the 9th region, you could pick your own Top Ten, and several people would wonder why a certain player was not included.

Also keep in mind that I am employed by Bluegrasspreps.com for this job, but it is just my opinion based on what only I see or know. Grant Disken, for example, is #2 on the list but if he sat next to me at Starbucks I wouldn't recognize him w/o his uniform. I've only watched Cov-Cath about eight times over the last two years. I go by stats, other news outlets, and the comments of what other BGP members, whom I respect, say.

I try to see every team play throughout the year. Every Sunday or Monday morning I write an article on team rankings with various notes and details from the previous week. At the end of the year, I do a big district and regional preview with a list of players.

Keep in mind that with such a passionate fan base that we have in the 9th region, you could pick your own Top Ten, and several people would wonder why a certain player was not included.

Thanks @PP1 and we are all lucky to have you covering the 9th Region!

I think you do a great job. I completely understand everyone is not gonna agree on the same team/players. Thank you again for your hard work!!

Noah Hupmann is a legit big man. He will help CovCath quite a bit. He is transferring from Day School in Evansville. He averaged 16.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 7.7 blocks per game as a junior, notching three triple-doubles. According to MaxPreps, Hupmann led the nation in blocks per game. He also was an IBCA Underclass Small School All-State selection.

I believe Morehead State is recruiting him pretty hard.

Noah Hupmann is a legit big man. He will help CovCath quite a bit. He is transferring from Day School in Evansville. He averaged 16.6 points, 10.6 rebounds and 7.7 blocks per game as a junior, notching three triple-doubles. According to MaxPreps, Hupmann led the nation in blocks per game. He also was an IBCA Underclass Small School All-State selection.

I believe Morehead State is recruiting him pretty hard.

Ridiculous stat, 7.7 blocks per game. Dude blocked 2 shots a quarter! Couldn’t agree more on him being legit. Once he gets acclimated it’s over. Noah-way you’re getting to the rim. Had to.

I haven't actually gone to Covington Catholic for a game in a while, like 2007. How difficult is it to park and get in these days?

You have to go! About as good a high school basketball game experience as you will find. Hands down best student section in the region, and you could argue the best in the state.

Do not sleep on Newport. They will make a run this year. Will they beat Covcath or Beechwood? Probably not. But they will Surprise a lot of people. White will be a problem from outside and just a solid player. Davis crashes the boards hard and is solid on the defense. KeAndre Nelson will be one of the best PG's in NKY. Ethan Snapp will be a great addition to the outside shooting. I think Newport is under ranked. Look forward to them proving a lot of people wrong.

I think Newport is under ranked. Look forward to them proving a lot of people wrong.

Very possible. Last year I had Highlands at #10 in the preseason and they cracked the top five a couple Of times. Every week, new rankings are released on Sunday or Monday.