Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 9th Region Boys Basketball Preview

Featured Replies

He did not suit up..think he might be banged up from football.

Wow and won that easy without Jefferson!

  • Replies 113
  • Views 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And without Mullikin. Out for injury also

And without Mullikin. Out for injury also

Very impressive!!

  • Author

It is going to take a lot more than a new coach to help Ryle. I never thought the basketball problems stemmed from the old coach though. I just don't think there's a ton of talent in that area of Boone County.

It is going to take a lot more than a new coach to help Ryle. I never thought the basketball problems stemmed from the old coach though. I just don't think there's a ton of talent in that area of Boone County.

The talent is, was and always has been there. Time will tell if Belcher can change the culture enough to add pieces from other sports. NCC, Highlands, even Holy Cross are great examples, without their 2-3 football players they are not near as competitive. I could be wrong, but I’m not aware of any multi sport athletes on Ryle’s basketball team and the basketball only kids are Just not super talented with exception of Robinson and the jury is still out on him. He hasn’t really shown he can be the man on a really bad team.

Nothing like writing off a team after one scrimmage..which it seems none of you saw! Maybe you should give them a chance to play a few games before you pronounce them dead. But what's the point if it's in the Boone County water supply..right PP1?

Nothing like writing off a team after one scrimmage..which it seems none of you saw! Maybe you should give them a chance to play a few games before you pronounce them dead. But what's the point if it's in the Boone County water supply..right PP1?

 

You’re correct. I didn’t see it. I also don’t watch the Bengals get pummeled every Sunday, haven’t attended a Heritage basketball game or a Holy Cross football game. I was actually hoping that Ryle would challenge for the district this year. The scrimmage certainly doesn’t mean they are finished, but you can’t say it’s a good thing they lost a scrimmage to a team missing their 2 best players. Good luck.

St. Henry looked good against Scott.

 

St. Henry won every half of Varsity/JV/Freshman. Varsity half scores were 43-35 and 38-37

Nothing like writing off a team after one scrimmage..which it seems none of you saw! Maybe you should give them a chance to play a few games before you pronounce them dead. But what's the point if it's in the Boone County water supply..right PP1?

 

I wasn’t writing them off at all. I’m just very impressed that NCC handled them that easy missing their best two players. I really think Ryle is gonna compete a lot better this season.

  • Author
The talent is, was and always has been there. Time will tell if Belcher can change the culture enough to add pieces from other sports. NCC, Highlands, even Holy Cross are great examples, without their 2-3 football players they are not near as competitive. I could be wrong, but I’m not aware of any multi sport athletes on Ryle’s basketball team and the basketball only kids are Just not super talented with exception of Robinson and the jury is still out on him. He hasn’t really shown he can be the man on a really bad team.

 

I kind of had the same debate on here last spring. For the last two years, Ryle's football team hasn't been very good, their baseball team hasn't been very good, and their basketball team hasn't been very good. Their soccer and volleyball teams have been decent and their girls basketball team has been solid.

 

I always hear that there are a plethora (3 amigos) of athletes down there but the coaches and school administration get in the way. Do they really keep picking bad coaches in all of these sports or is it possible that the talent well has been dry for the last four or five years?

  • Author
Nothing like writing off a team after one scrimmage..which it seems none of you saw! Maybe you should give them a chance to play a few games before you pronounce them dead. But what's the point if it's in the Boone County water supply..right PP1?

 

I'm being a little more conservative with them this year. If you read my preview from 2018 I had them ranked 7th in the preseason ahead of NCC, Highlands, Holy Cross, St. Henry, and Lloyd.

 

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/bluegrasspreps-com-9th-372433.html

 

I actually liked Mcfarland. I saw them play I think four times last year and thought he put them in the right spots to win.

I wasn't there but heard that NCC's sophomore Ross Pangallo looked strong and went for around 30. Could be because 2 footballers were out this scrimmage because of injury, but still good to see.

I kind of had the same debate on here last spring. For the last two years, Ryle's football team hasn't been very good, their baseball team hasn't been very good, and their basketball team hasn't been very good. Their soccer and volleyball teams have been decent and their girls basketball team has been solid.

 

I always hear that there are a plethora (3 amigos) of athletes down there but the coaches and school administration get in the way. Do they really keep picking bad coaches in all of these sports or is it possible that the talent well has been dry for the last four or five years?

 

Going to the Elite 8 in 2018 and winning the Sweet 16 in 2019 with 2 High Major NCAA D1 Players is more than Solid! Wow. LOL

  • Author
Going to the Elite 8 in 2018 and winning the Sweet 16 in 2019 with 2 High Major NCAA D1 Players is more than Solid! Wow. LOL

 

I know . I didn’t go into all those details because this is the boys preview thread and not the girls preview thread. I was just giving an overview of some of the major sports.

 

For all I know they have a great wrestling and golf team, but I can’t follow that on KHSAA.

 

The girls program is solid, meaning consistently good. When something is solid it means it does not waiver, kind of remains the same. I guess I could have said that their girls basketball team is not malleable.

I was at the NCC scrimmage and yes it was 8-12 lead the whole game. Pangallo had his way with Ryle I believe he finished with 33. They got 50+ points from 3 sophmores Ross, Iles, Butts. They were without Jefferson, Millikan, and Mueller. The Defensive energy was high and they looked quicker than last year. Could be a good year for this group.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.