Class 5A Playoffs: #8 Highlands at #9 Conner ***Barn Burner***

Ram

Who win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who win?

Highlands very well may win. However, I'm curious on why you all think by a lot or a few scores. What exactly have they done or shown since that lost, that makes you all think that this outcome will be different and on the road no less?

Has their offense improved since that game? Remember their offense only scored 10 points their first game against Conner. Then they were shut out against Covcath and scored only 14 against Cooper. With most of their yards coming on 2 plays, and only had a total of 6 yards passing.

So besides having the name Highlands on their chest. What have they done since that defeat, that makes you all believe they win pretty easily? Highlands very well could win, but Imo it is two very evenly matched teams and will come down to who has less turnovers in this one.

For the record, I said, "...I like them a lot..", not I like them BY a lot.

However, to answer why I'm so confident that Highlands will win, I think it hinges on the fact that the best unit in that game will be Highlands' defense. I think that goes a long way, it "travels", so to speak.

Like @theguru, I also think Highlands being Highlands helps, maybe not on the field, but certainly in the 6 inches between everyone's ears.

Hope it is a great game and everyone comes out healthy and none the worse for wear.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Highlands defense sets the tone in this one but I also believe the offense shows up and does some good things in this one. They have been suspect all year but this is put up or shut up time and they have a lot of motivation for this one. They shouldn't have lost the first one and they want another shot at Cov Cath. To get to that one they need this one. My big lament is that this will be in Hebron so no HHS Broadcasting.......

I think Highlands wins, but it will be a good game. I think it will finish up with more than a touchdown lead in the end but will be close throughout. Highlands defense, I believe will hold Conner under 20 and I think the offense will do enough in the running game that they won't have to throw the ball a bunch to put up the points to win. I'm thinking something like 24-14 Highlands.

Taking Conner in this one and I believe it will be larger than the first meeting. Offensively Conner is pretty potent when they are clicking on all cylinders and just as important, the game is at Conner. Just something that about place that gives them an edge IMO. While the birds defense is pretty good, I haven't seen anything seen anything offensively that says they will dominate this game.

21-10 Conner.