Ram

Who win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who win?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll take the Birds by 14-21. One touchdown for the revenge factor, the 2nd foromvthe bye week while Conner played a hard-fought game and the 3rd will be Highlands bread and butter offense creating a turnover on defense that leads to a short field.

I want to say Highlands wins by at least 2 touchdowns. But I look at Highlands' last 4 games excluding Boone Co. and I see they scored 0, 17, 0 and 14 in those 4 games. I expect Highlands to win because of their defense. The margin of victory depends on how much offense they can generate.

Agree with this statement.

I do believe the rain and mud will come into play so highly doubt a high scoring game.

Did Highlands practice on grass this week to get the guys ready for a different type of playing surface which has been proven to make a difference in performance or does it not matter anymore with today’s type of football player.

Just asking for a Kenton Cty friend.

I’ll take the Birds by 14-21. One touchdown for the revenge factor, the 2nd foromvthe bye week while Conner played a hard-fought game and the 3rd will be Highlands bread and butter offense creating a turnover on defense that leads to a short field.

Turnovers will be aplenty with a sloppy track.

But hey, no excuses right? Both teams had all week to prepare and both teams put the uniform on the same way.

I do believe there was some locker room material taken away from the post game comments made from the first meeting 3 weeks ago that should inspire the Birds.

Go Birds!!!

To be perfectly honest, I believe Conner poked the bear and embarrassed Highlands 3 weeks ago and this is not good.

Reiterating that this will be a sloppy low scoring game, I believe Highlands will be playing with a chip on their shoulder which will make a 14 point victory feel more like a 28 pt victory.

Just my two cents worth, but what do I know.

To be perfectly honest, I believe Conner poked the bear and embarrassed Highlands 3 weeks ago and this is not good.

Reiterating that this will be a sloppy low scoring game, I believe Highlands will be playing with a chip on their shoulder which will make a 14 point victory feel more like a 28 pt victory.

Just my two cents worth, but what do I know.

I 100% agree. This weather IMO is the worse case scenario for Conner. The sloppy track definitely favors the Birds.

Probably sounds weird since Highlands is a turf team but I think they benefit from mud. Really strong defense in the mud is rough. Conner will need to move down the field with their passing because Highlands run defense will lock it down. The biggest question mark to me is: can the Highlands offensive line protect Hollingsworth and can they get Buten in space?

Will the Conner field be muddy tonight? No rain today and sunshine all day.

I would think that it is going to be pretty soft and muddy. Even though the sun was out today, it only reached 37 degrees. Not favorable to dry up a field in a day.

Edited by theguru
Rule 10