3A #1 Desales at 3A #6 Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

zebraman

Who Wins?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

The long road trips tend to be tough. What I'm a little concerned about for Tilghman is that they are out of school Friday.

We've had this scenario several times over the years and even though you would think it would help, we always seem flat. I think I almost prefer the normalcy of a regular school day.

I agree with the out of school issue. Messes up routine.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long drive on game day will have its effect.. the day... the day off from school will too, I could tell that the bye between the Butler game and the Lex Cath game had it effect on the Colts slow start, at atleast it may have had.

I’m a little surprised so many people are picking PT in this while I will be pulling for PT I think Desales is a better team than Mayfield this year and PT didn’t look great against Mayfield.

Que the Mayfield response 3....2.....1. Go!

I’m a little surprised so many people are picking PT in this while I will be pulling for PT I think Desales is a better team than Mayfield this year and PT didn’t look great against Mayfield.

Mayfield didn't drive 3.5 hours to get to the stadium. I realize the drive won't determine the game, but it will be a factor.

I'm just a WKY Homer who lives in Louisville. I respect Desales and like Tilghman. I love when Desales got the best of X last season. It was a great time to be in the Louisville Sports community (unless your an X supporter of course)!

SO, SO impressed with both schools fighting through the red tape to get this done! Terrific work. I picked Tilghman 28-27 out of respect for both schools.

I just hope for a great game with no injuries for either team! Best of luck!

This is the wrong thread for this post but I'll do it anyway. No kid on the Mayfield roster had ever lost a game to a team on this side of Louisville in their high school career coming into this season. It gets old and stale seeing these same local teams that you have drummed year in and year out and gets harder and harder to get up for the games when none of these teams have ever played you close, let alone beat you. With that being said, while it is an excuse I will say that is why Mayfield let Hoptown play them close and why they eventually lost to McCracken. The kids just simply don't get up for these games it seems. They think you can walk out on the field with a red helmet and you automatically win against anyone in western Kentucky. They don't show up until the 2nd half and sometimes that's too late. I know everyone has excuses but Mayfield is LOADED offensively and I would take them over any team in the state 1A-3A.

Once again I picked DeSales by 3 TDs so obviously I have very much respect for them and would say they are right on par with Mayfield, just a different style of team.

I personally believe in this PT team like I have not in year's past. I truly think they have turned a corner in their program and shaken free of past issues that plagued them year in and year out.

With that said, this is a "gut check" game for Tilghman to prove where they are truly at.

DeSales is always very disciplined, fundamentally sound, and they rarely beat themselves with critical errors or penalties.

Paducah Tilghman needs to play a clean game and not help DeSales beat them. In years prior, I don't think they were capable of doing this. I still content this is going to be a great game.

Trust me, they are not overlooking this game. They realize they are going into a hostile place and will be getting PT's very best. They are use to playing games where it is the opponents "circled" game of the year. Win or lose DeSales will play hard and will be well awake way before kick-off.