zebraman

Who Wins?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really interesting match-up here. A litmus test for PT, and really, 3A in general. The perception early on was that DeSales, CAL, and Belfry were a couple of notches above everyone else in 3A. But we've seen some vulnerabilities displayed recently that indicate there might be more parity than originally thought. Fans of 3A football need to keep an eye on this one even if you're not for either team.

Coming into this season, Tilghman knew that to beat the top tier teams, simply running the ball wouldn't work.

They also knew that they didn't have to be great passing the ball, but at least good enough to keep the defense from stacking the box every play.

Even though the nearly 117 passing yards per game doesn't raise any eyebrows, it's significant in the fact that it's keeping defenses more honest. The speed Jayden Freeman has at receiver forces people his way. Compared to the 44 yards per game via the pass in 2018 and the 41 per game in 2017, I'm happy with the progress and believe we'll see more going forward.

I’ll take DeSales by 3. Tough to go on long road trip.

The long road trips tend to be tough. What I'm a little concerned about for Tilghman is that they are out of school Friday.

We've had this scenario several times over the years and even though you would think it would help, we always seem flat. I think I almost prefer the normalcy of a regular school day.