Who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the running clock rule in Ohio?

I am going with a blood-bath, unfortunately, as TDD mentioned above.

In the past I believe it was a 30 point advantage but I believe it carried a stipulation of not kicking in until the 2nd half.

When Ryle played Colerain years ago this came up but Ryle actually played them closer than expected.

Ohio rule says if up 30 points in 2nd half will be running clock. If margin drops below 30 will revert back to regular clock.

With that in mind my prediction is a running clock to start the second half.

And Ryle you need to get games like this off your schedule.

Ryle defense could possibly put up a fight for the first quarter or two. However, Ryle offensive scheme is so bad and predictable it won’t matter because they won’t score.

This question is for all the Ryle people. Is the offensive scheme really that bad? Wasn't Engler brought in as an offensive guru when the program wanted to get away from the grind it out style of Warner?

Right, who cares about the kids if the adults get what they want.

I've learned to look at the bright side with this group. They're certainly not the best Ryle team to roll through. Obviously, they are missing some key ingredients, but playing a top notch team in a hostile environment is a memory they'll have forever. Injuries can happen anywhere/anytime. Yeah, it would be nice to have a couple cupcakes on the schedule, but I commend the kids for staying committed and doing their best vs probably the toughest schedule they've ever had.

I've learned to look at the bright side with this group. They're certainly not the best Ryle team to roll through. Obviously, they are missing some key ingredients, but playing a top notch team in a hostile environment is a memory they'll have forever. Injuries can happen anywhere/anytime. Yeah, it would be nice to have a couple cupcakes on the schedule, but I commend the kids for staying committed and doing their best vs probably the toughest schedule they've ever had.

The Raiders can put it right there with that memory from 8-23-19.

And if those two memories are not enough they will have a nice home memory next week against Scott County.

I also agree this non-district schedule is extremely tough and whoever is making these decisions on scheduling needs to go.

Ryle has had teams that would compete with big Ohio schools in recent memory.

The 2015-16 and 2016-17 and even 2017-18 teams all would have played every one of these games down to the wire.

Right now, Ryle is trying to develop an offensive identity but they do have one of the better defenses that they have ever had.