6A Ryle at Elder (OH) Predictions/Updates

OGRaidersman

Who wins?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Just 2 years ago they played Cathedral down to the wire on National TV. Should of won the game. No one else would have taken that challenge in NKY. Definitely the schedule needs to be designed to be challenging yet not crazy tough. Some don’t realize how difficult it is to fill a schedule as a high enrollment 6A school. It can be tough. But I agree, you don’t want to go overboard.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Raiders can put it right there with that memory from 8-23-19.

And if those two memories are not enough they will have a nice home memory next week against Scott County.

I also agree this non-district schedule is extremely tough and whoever is making these decisions on scheduling needs to go.

With the new RPI system, playing these tough games helps them a lot.

Assuming Ryle can beat SK for districts these games could go a long way for the 3rd round.

Right now at 3-2 they are just a shade below two undefeated teams in RPI.

That being said I’m all for a tough schedule but maybe not as tough as this season.

Ryle has had teams that would compete with big Ohio schools in recent memory.

The 2015-16 and 2016-17 and even 2017-18 teams all would have played every one of these games down to the wire.

Right now, Ryle is trying to develop an offensive identity but they do have one of the better defenses that they have ever had.

I think that’s a bit of a reach. You’re gonna see a kid in Joe Royer tomorrow who’s just a different kind of athlete. They have those kids year in, year out. Those are once in a decade, if not longer players at a Ryle or a Boone.