Franklin-Simpson/Apollo (Scrimmage) Updates

FSfan

@FSfan, what's your take on the Wildcats after what you've seen so far tonight? The core of the last two championship teams is going to be hard to replace, but it appears they've got some new kids stepping up.

Just judging from a couple of scrimmages, FS may wind up being as good or better than last year. There are several good running backs this year. FS was really a two-headed monster last year with Bass and McKinney but they are spreading it around a lot more so far in the preseason. Also throwing it more and looking good doing so. Defense shut down Owensboro last week (but they have a lot of key injuries) and have given up a few more yards to Apollo tonight but is still impressive. It’s hard to reload sometimes at the county schools when they lose a lot of good players but I think FS has done so. I’m very optimistic about this season.

FS is going to take some lumps the first half of the season. Meade County is always tough for FS, then the Spartans, and Battle Ground Academy in Franklin, TN. If the Cats split the first four that will be a successful start.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the play of the offensive line so far. Three of last year’s starting five have been replaced. They have looked quite solid so far.

The two headed monster of Bass and McKinney have been replaced by the thundering herd of Leo, Malik, Omar, Tedric, Gooch....and others.

AND....the forward pass lives again!!!