Category 2 Slight Risk Area for Wednesday 5/29/19

nWo

South of a stationary front, the atmosphere across much of the Ohio Valley will once again become moderately unstable. Storms will increase in intensity during the day. Conditions look to be supportive of organized storm structures including supercells and bowing segments. Damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats as storms spread east through the warm sector during the day. While a few tornadoes will be possible, especially with discrete supercell structures.

The Category 2 Slight Risk Area, for now, is mainly from around the I-64 corridor northward. South of I-64 to about the Cumberland Pkwy is in a Category 1 Marginal Risk Area.

KY_swody2.png

The first map is the Ohio Valley HRRR simulated radar from 11 am EDT to 3 pm EDT Wednesday.

11.3.gif

The second one is from 8 pm EDT to midnight. It shows the second round of showers and storms entering into western Kentucky. Also, the Cincinnati/NKY area may see also see a second round around midnight Wednesday.

8.12.gif

I will be monitoring this situation closely and post an update early Wednesday morning.