March 25, 20197 yr Those shots are a non isssue if the charge is called because then UCF has the ball and the lead and duke would have to foul.
March 25, 20197 yr Author Yet UCF still blew two point-blank shots at the end... That is also true LSU made their layup yesterday to move on and UCF did not.
March 25, 20197 yr Those shots are a non isssue if the charge is called because then UCF has the ball and the lead and duke would have to foul. UCF had the lead and lost it. UCF still had THREE opportunities at the rim and blew all of them.
March 25, 20197 yr UCF had the lead and lost it. UCF still had THREE opportunities at the rim and blew all of them. March Happens
March 25, 20197 yr I'm going to ask this here, since it seems to be one of the plays that is being focused on so much in this game, but I honestly don't know the answer and wanted to see a replay of it before I commented (to make sure of what I thought I saw). The play that sent Zion to the free throw line (and fouled Fall out of the game)...Zion was not initially defended by Fall. So, Fall was a secondary defender that came into play after Zion made his spin move in the paint. The contact was made while Fall was inside the restricted zone arc...which my initial understanding is there to keep secondary defenders from sliding in underneath guys who have already left their feet for a layup/dunk. Or is there more to this rule? Just wondering if it is possible this is the reason that Zion couldn't be whistled for a charge in this situation and that Fall HAD to be whistled for the foul. Any insight without an obvious bias would be appreciated.
March 25, 20197 yr The charge should have been called on Zion on his drive in to the lane when he ran over his defender before he got to Fall. And the. Most officials still don’t understand the “plane of verticality” rule.
March 25, 20197 yr I wanted to see Duke lose just as much as any other UK fan, but wow this thread is crazy. There were questionable calls on both sides. At the end of the day UCF had their chances to win and just didnt make the plays. All these plays people are saying should have been fouls. If UK was in Dukes shows, most of these same people saying it should have been fouls. Would either not say anything about it, would say it was a good non call, or would focus their attention on the non shot clock call because that ball didnt hit the rim, and it was the reason UCF was in that position up 4 in the end.
March 25, 20197 yr Because it is. Zion gets pushed like that 100x a game. Reminds me some of Shaq's treatment back in the day.
March 25, 20197 yr Seeing pretty much every Louisville friend that I have, is suddenly all over social media as Duke fans. Number 1 reason given, they are in the same conference as Louisville :lol2:
March 25, 20197 yr Many in the media were on the edge of their seat as many have pegged this Duke team as a generational, unbeatable type force. I enjoy this Duke team, but it is hard to admit they are not majorly flawed, despite having extreme level talent which covers said flaws. Central Florida was literally not guarding the perimeter. I get packing in the middle, but Duke had zero ball pressure on them and were struggling to execute because of their shooting deficiencies. Tre Jones was timid. In fairness, Reddish did get in foul trouble, but their lack of depth also speaks to their deficiencies. Some players have that will about them (Zion) and mojo is on their side no matter the challenge. That is where you feel Duke is.
March 25, 20197 yr Duke does have flaws, no one is unbeatable. I bet Duke’s coaching staff would tell you that. Tacko Falls guarded Tre Jones a majority of the second half and just sat in the paint waiting on the ball. Jones has to play better, he is the reason that the floor can’t open up for Barrett.
March 25, 20197 yr Duke does have flaws, no one is unbeatable. I bet Duke’s coaching staff would tell you that. Tacko Falls guarded Tre Jones a majority of the second half and just sat in the paint waiting on the ball. Jones has to play better, he is the reason that the floor can’t open up for Barrett. For as bad as Jones can be on the offensive side, he makes up for it on the defensive end. Dude is an elite level ball pressuring nightmare.
March 25, 20197 yr Seeing pretty much every Louisville friend that I have, is suddenly all over social media as Duke fans. Number 1 reason given, they are in the same conference as Louisville :lol2: And I'm sure that's somehow a problem now. :lol2: :lol2:
March 25, 20197 yr And I'm sure that's somehow a problem now. :lol2: :lol2: Just think it's funny and a bit hypocritical.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.