Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 77 UCF 76 (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

Featured Replies

See how easy this is Kentucky fans: Duke was very fortunate to win today. It’s not hard to say.

 

I can’t disagree. Then again Kentucky wasn’t the one behind the last five minutes like Duke was the last two.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blame UCF for screwing up the lob.

 

Blame UCF for fouling and allowing a shot attempt, thus an and one opportunity.

 

Blame UCF for not securing the defensive rebound on the FT.

 

And how unlucky that tip doesn't go.

 

Keep me out of the group that wants to blame the officials for that result.

 

This.

 

UCF crapped themselves and gave Duke every opportunity to win that game. Good teams are gonna take advantage of that.

 

I bet Duke wins the next 4 by 15+ each. This was the game they were going to lose and UCF blew it.

The salt.

 

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

 

Ignoring the obvious 4th on Taco that would have taken him out of the game with 10 left in the game. Or the shot where the ball DOESNT hit the rim. Gotta see what you want. Survive and advance baby.

 

UFC had the game in the bag if they don't throw it.

Blame UCF for screwing up the lob.

 

Blame UCF for fouling and allowing a shot attempt, thus an and one opportunity.

 

Blame UCF for not securing the defensive rebound on the FT.

 

And how unlucky that tip doesn't go.

 

Keep me out of the group that wants to blame the officials for that result.

 

Correct. UCF should have won that game. They threw away tons of chances.

This.

 

UCF crapped themselves and gave Duke every opportunity to win that game. Good teams are gonna take advantage of that.

 

I bet Duke wins the next 4 by 15+ each. This was the game they were going to lose and UCF blew it.

I hate when people say this stuff.

 

UCF didn't crap themselves. They were playing to win the game. Dude things happen on the court that even the most talented people can't explain. If Zion makes the free throw, we're in overtime.

 

They didn't crap themselves. They had a shot at the end roll out. If that is crapping yourself, then they are in a crowd all by themselves. Cause there has only been like 4 schools give Duke a scare like that this year.

I hate when people say this stuff.

 

UCF didn't crap themselves. They were playing to win the game. Dude things happen on the court that even the most talented people can't explain. If Zion makes the free throw, we're in overtime.

 

They didn't crap themselves. They had a shot at the end roll out. If that is crapping yourself, then they are in a crowd all by themselves. Cause there has only been life 4 schools give Duke a scare like that this year.

 

They did everything wrong at the end.

 

You either let the dude have the layup or you level him to the point he has no chance of getting the ball to the rim.

 

You’re only job on the foul shot is to block out, they didn’t do it.

 

And that’s just in the last 20 seconds.

 

What I hate is when a team people don’t want to win does so, it’s automatically the refs fault. That’s immature and childish IMO.

After reading a few pages of this thread I feel like I get the gist of it. That said, the officiating in this entire tourney has been terrible, but that's not why Duke won.

 

What I saw was UCF with a really good opportunity to win the game with the easy bank shot that was missed and defended well, then the missed tip in that should have went in but it just didn't.

 

Duke was lucky to win this one and UCF played better than I expected them to. But you can't blame the outcome on officiating when it was bad the entire game and the entire tournament. Well, I guess you can, but to say it favored one team over the other is nonsense. UCF had a chance to win and missed on two good opportunities as time expired. I don't feel like the officials are favoring anyone in this tournament, they're just not doing a very good job as a whole.

So no one wants to bring up the reset shot clock when it looks like the ball did not hit the rim?

 

That was plus 2 for UCF since they got the rebound and made it.

They did everything wrong at the end.

 

You either let the dude have the layup or you level him to the point he has no chance of getting the ball to the rim.

 

You’re only job on the foul shot is to block out, they didn’t do it.

 

And that’s just in the last 20 seconds.

 

What I hate is when a team people don’t want to win does so, it’s automatically the refs fault. That’s immature and childish IMO.

 

Ok, I don't think there isn't a dude here that can't admit that the Duke players made plays. There has been some dispute on some calls, but that goes both ways.

 

To say that players who played they're hearts out crapped themselves....I won't stand by that. UCF played with some guts and Duke played with some grit.

So no one wants to bring up the reset shot clock when it looks like the ball did not hit the rim?

 

That was plus 2 for UCF since they got the rebound and made it.

 

I know I did earlier. I felt like there was a definite balance in them then blowing the easy oop on the very next possession.

Duke was handed a gift. Clear charge on Zion at the end. Period end of story.

And because the announcers and analysts have no guts , they won’t say anything negative because it is Duke.

Duke was handed a gift. Clear charge on Zion at the end. Period end of story.

 

Yet UCF still blew two point-blank shots at the end...

I’m choosing to just appreciate how unbelievably great that game was. Dawkins was absolutely unreal. Best player on the court. Congrats to Duke.

  • Author
And because the announcers and analysts have no guts , they won’t say anything negative because it is Duke.

 

One of the truest thing said on this thread so far.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.