Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 77 UCF 76 (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

Featured Replies

Just think it's funny and a bit hypocritical.

 

It just means more.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just think it's funny and a bit hypocritical.

 

Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

  • Author
Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

That's true for a lot on here but for the record I am one that will always root for every Kentucky team no matter who they are playing with the exception of when they play Kentucky.

Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

 

It's not irrational for me, in Basketball I hate every other team. :lol2:

 

I'll pick a rooting interest in a game I'm watching but my fandom for that team is over as soon as the game is over.

I didn't see a second of this game except for a replay of the final play. Hard to believe that follow up attempt didn't go.

 

The fallout of this has been fantastic. UK fans on my Twitter and Facebook are beside themselves because of officiating. UK fan police are out in full force as well, led by none other than the Starsky and Hutch of UK fan police: PP92 and Deuce. :lol2:

 

I think good teams find a way to win, and Duke did just that, as much as I would have loved for them to lose--mostly because they are Duke, but secondarily because I love Tacko Fall. Such an easy kid to root for.

Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

 

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

 

I may a little but if UK is not involved I usually root for the underdogs.

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

 

I would imagine so. Especially when they are in "big" money pools.

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

 

If my team is involved, then I am always rooting for my team.

 

If money is involved, then money prevails. :D But I am normally out of the contest by 7:00 p.m. on the first Thursday, so I normally root for upsets.

Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

 

My quote to PP92 today, all the salt today baby, insert it right into my veins. I love it. This must he how Patriot fans feel all the time.

To me, the play of the game was the weak box out on Zion's free throw.

 

Basketball 101 teaches that the defensive player with inside position on the free throw (Dawkins) move into the Duke player (Barrett) in a backwards direction and then rebound a missed free throw. That is NOT what he did, rather, made a forward movement towards the basket, allowing Barrett to walk him towards the basket into a poor rebounding position.

 

There was no push in the back by Barrett, but poor fundamentals by Dawkins.

 

Duke went from down three, to up one with the Zion and/one and the Barrett put back. HUGE!

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

 

I usually root for whoever I want, but if it involves two teams I couldn't care less about, I will pull for my bracket.

To me, the play of the game was the weak box out on Zion's free throw.

 

Basketball 101 teaches that the defensive player with inside position on the free throw (Dawkins) move into the Duke player (Barrett) in a backwards direction and then rebound a missed free throw. That is NOT what he did, rather, made a forward movement towards the basket, allowing Barrett to walk him towards the basket into a poor rebounding position.

 

There was no push in the back by Barrett, but poor fundamentals by Dawkins.

 

Duke went from down three, to up one with the Zion and/one and the Barrett put back. HUGE!

It looked to me like Barrett caused Dawkins’ forward motion with a push with his left hand just above his waist. It was quick as a flash but the replay showed his left hand on his lower back. It cleared Dawkins out of the way for the easy rebound and put back.

 

That series of plays gave Duke 4 points. Zion got a huge no-call on an obvious charge followed by a basket and 1, which he missed leading to the Barrett push off and basket. Two huge no-calls at a crucial time in the game.

I usually root for whoever I want, but if it involves two teams I couldn't care less about, I will pull for my bracket.

As much as I dislike Duke their win actually helped my bracket. I’m in second place in a local bracket in my town that’s worth $1400 to the winner and I have all my teams remaining in the Sweet 16 except Purdue, but I have Tennessee winning that game. I have Duke winning the championship.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.