Duke 77 UCF 76 (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just think it's funny and a bit hypocritical.

Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

That's true for a lot on here but for the record I am one that will always root for every Kentucky team no matter who they are playing with the exception of when they play Kentucky.

It's not irrational for me, in Basketball I hate every other team. :lol2:

I'll pick a rooting interest in a game I'm watching but my fandom for that team is over as soon as the game is over.

I didn't see a second of this game except for a replay of the final play. Hard to believe that follow up attempt didn't go.

The fallout of this has been fantastic. UK fans on my Twitter and Facebook are beside themselves because of officiating. UK fan police are out in full force as well, led by none other than the Starsky and Hutch of UK fan police: PP92 and Deuce. :lol2:

I think good teams find a way to win, and Duke did just that, as much as I would have loved for them to lose--mostly because they are Duke, but secondarily because I love Tacko Fall. Such an easy kid to root for.

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

If my team is involved, then I am always rooting for my team.

If money is involved, then money prevails. :D But I am normally out of the contest by 7:00 p.m. on the first Thursday, so I normally root for upsets.

My quote to PP92 today, all the salt today baby, insert it right into my veins. I love it. This must he how Patriot fans feel all the time.

To me, the play of the game was the weak box out on Zion's free throw.

Basketball 101 teaches that the defensive player with inside position on the free throw (Dawkins) move into the Duke player (Barrett) in a backwards direction and then rebound a missed free throw. That is NOT what he did, rather, made a forward movement towards the basket, allowing Barrett to walk him towards the basket into a poor rebounding position.

There was no push in the back by Barrett, but poor fundamentals by Dawkins.

Duke went from down three, to up one with the Zion and/one and the Barrett put back. HUGE!

To me, the play of the game was the weak box out on Zion's free throw.

Basketball 101 teaches that the defensive player with inside position on the free throw (Dawkins) move into the Duke player (Barrett) in a backwards direction and then rebound a missed free throw. That is NOT what he did, rather, made a forward movement towards the basket, allowing Barrett to walk him towards the basket into a poor rebounding position.

There was no push in the back by Barrett, but poor fundamentals by Dawkins.

Duke went from down three, to up one with the Zion and/one and the Barrett put back. HUGE!

It looked to me like Barrett caused Dawkins’ forward motion with a push with his left hand just above his waist. It was quick as a flash but the replay showed his left hand on his lower back. It cleared Dawkins out of the way for the easy rebound and put back.

That series of plays gave Duke 4 points. Zion got a huge no-call on an obvious charge followed by a basket and 1, which he missed leading to the Barrett push off and basket. Two huge no-calls at a crucial time in the game.

I usually root for whoever I want, but if it involves two teams I couldn't care less about, I will pull for my bracket.

As much as I dislike Duke their win actually helped my bracket. I’m in second place in a local bracket in my town that’s worth $1400 to the winner and I have all my teams remaining in the Sweet 16 except Purdue, but I have Tennessee winning that game. I have Duke winning the championship.