Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 77 UCF 76 (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

Featured Replies

Really the only two calls I thought were suspect were Tackos 5th foul and I believe the play before on the other end...Zion reached over the UCF players shoulder to try and block him and should have been a foul but wasn’t called. That said that crap happens every game. Really the Tacko 5th foul was the only one that bothered me just because I hate seeing players fouled out on bad calls. I thought tacko went straight up and should have been a play on.

 

Was as a fun game to watch. UCF has their chances and blew it.

  • Replies 156
  • Views 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the only time I've ever rooted for Duke. It was an almost uncomfortable feeling. :)

I didn't see a second of this game except for a replay of the final play. Hard to believe that follow up attempt didn't go.

 

I think good teams find a way to win, and Duke did just that, as much as I would have loved for them to lose--mostly because they are Duke, but secondarily because I love Tacko Fall. Such an easy kid to root for.

 

I still can't believe that ball hung on the rim and went all the way around it and didn't fall.

 

I wanted more Tacko Fall too. Actually wanted to see Aubrey Dawkins play more, he was awesome yesterday.

 

Duke losing would have only been great considering how much hype they and Zion got all year. Just like anyone that wasn't a UK fan would have loved to see UK go down in the first weekend.

Serious question, do a lot of people decide who to root for in games based off their brackets?

 

I throw my money away when I turn in my bracket and cheer for chaos, hoping I randomly nail the chaos that I predicted. Now if I get to the Elite 8 and I am sitting pretty, I am probably going to start cheering for my bracket and/or whatever makes UK's road easier, but we saw last year, you might regret what you wish for.

I think I've come around to having more issue with the hook and hold not being called than the Barrett push. @strongopenyon perfetcly summed up how I feel about the push.

 

They've drilled in our heads and made me watch countless reviews of hook and holds this year and that looked like one by definition. Would have been very fitting to have called it then. And for what it's worth, I hate that damn call.

Every Louisville fan that I know that didn't pick Louisville to win it all picked Duke. Not really a crazy thought. Y'all just don't like it because you hate Louisville and (irrationally) Duke. :lol2:

 

Tell the truth, you got a Zion fit in your closet don’t you? I can’t hate that.

Y’all still mad or nah?

 

I know your post is meant for others but nah. I have Duke as my champion in the bracket I’m winning. I like money over upsets when my teams aren’t involved :lol2:

Y’all still mad or nah?

 

Rooting against Duke in the moment, but college basketball needs Zion in the tournament in the worst way. If you are a proponent of college basketball, you should be happy the way it all unfolded.

Rooting against Duke in the moment, but college basketball needs Zion in the tournament in the worst way. If you are a proponent of college basketball, you should be happy the way it all unfolded.

 

Not if your team is still alive....

Y’all still mad or nah?

 

Not mad, just can't believe that ball rolled all the way around the rim and didn't fall haha!

 

Anyone seen the ratings for that game? I'd imagine they have to be pretty up there.

Y’all still mad or nah?

 

 

I’m still annoyed they won, but only because I want my team to win the title and Duke is the primary obstacle to that.

 

This was everyone’s chance to get the favorite out and UCF crapped themselves.

To me, the play of the game was the weak box out on Zion's free throw.

 

Basketball 101 teaches that the defensive player with inside position on the free throw (Dawkins) move into the Duke player (Barrett) in a backwards direction and then rebound a missed free throw. That is NOT what he did, rather, made a forward movement towards the basket, allowing Barrett to walk him towards the basket into a poor rebounding position.

 

There was no push in the back by Barrett, but poor fundamentals by Dawkins.

 

Duke went from down three, to up one with the Zion and/one and the Barrett put back. HUGE!

 

I agree with everything you said until you said there was no push. He definitely pushed him in the back. As soon as he went to jump he did give him a push which is why he move forward when you jumped. With that said I agree it was a good no call because he did nothing right on the box out, and allowed himself to get pushed out of the way by a small push in the back.

Rooting against Duke in the moment, but college basketball needs Zion in the tournament in the worst way. If you are a proponent of college basketball, you should be happy the way it all unfolded.

 

Ratings for the tournament are the second highest ratings since 1991 when UNLV electrified college basketball. They better call fouls on Zion’s defenders if they want to capitalize on his presence.

Not if your team is still alive....

 

On a selfish level I agree with you. I am more talking big picture.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.