Duke 77 UCF 76 (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

16thBBall Fan

I agree 100% with your statement but I also think if your honest if the officials would have called either the charge or the push in the back you could not have said either of those would have been a bad call.

The alleged push in the back would have been super weak.

I’m not sure which charge you’re referring to, but the charge that they DID call on Zion on his spin move was incredibly weak as well.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The alleged push in the back would have been super weak.

I’m not sure which charge you’re referring to, but the charge that they DID call on Zion on his spin move was incredibly weak as well.

I said that that in my earlier answer to your post that Zion 3rd foul charge was not a charge but that one at the end of the game would be called 9 out of 10 times. Plus when the officials went over to look at the replay at the end I thought they were going to see if there was a hook and hold on the rebound. But officials should be looking for a rebound foul when a team has to get the rebound. Yes it would be week if he just used his legs to move him under the basket but when you take two hands and push the guy in the back with the game on the line that needs to be called. I have Duke or North Carolina winning in my brackets as well but that don't change what happened today. Finally I think this very well may be Duke's closest game the rest of the tournament. I guess we can just agree to disagree no big deal.

Zion lowered his shoulder and knocked the defender on his butt on the play that put them in the lead. Blatant charge as there can be, and there’s no doubt in my mind that the refs knew it was and swallowed their whistle. Then the push in the back to get the rebound was icing on the cake.

Can’t compare calls in the last few minutes with calls at the beginning of the game or in the middle of it. The refs should make a huge effort to get those right. They didn’t in this case imo.

That don't always mean everything depends on if fouls were on shots on out on the floor. There was only a difference of 2 fouls on both teams. UCF 16 and Duke 18.

Oh so they called more fouls on Duke than they did UCF? Great.

If you're looking for gluten free.... maybe you should go to a Duke website.

Gluten free is awful. No taste. The Dash Diet works fine though.

And Duke websites are awful. All they do is crap on players they think are underachieving, second guess the coaching staff and whine about refs. Later for all that crap.