Duke 77 UCF 76 (NCAA Tournament Round 2)

16thBBall Fan

Blame UCF for screwing up the lob.

Blame UCF for fouling and allowing a shot attempt, thus an and one opportunity.

Blame UCF for not securing the defensive rebound on the FT.

And how unlucky that tip doesn't go.

Keep me out of the group that wants to blame the officials for that result.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today was Duke’s chance to lose, no one will play them this close the rest of the way IMO.

3 out of the 4 halves have been dicey for Duke so far. Maybe they will do what you say, but I don’t see how that can be said with confidence. Many said going in that no one would be able to play with them and that has already not proven out.

Do you want to acknowledge calls UCF got throughout the game that Duke didn’t, or nah?

I'll give you once Zion got clobbered on a shot by Fall and Zion's 3rd foul that charge was not a charge. But I think you would also have to say a couple of trips before he got a foul call on Fall that was clean and also on that last drive Zion definitely pushed off with his right arm.

But I will also go on to say that not converting that 2 on 1 was huge. If UCF scores there it is probably over no matter what.

It appeared to me that the refs swallowed their whistle on Zion's drive, the rebound, and the last UCF drive. BUT, don't most of us want the players to decide the game? Got to give it to Zion on his drive...not many players are strong enough to shoot through that contact. Dawkins will be next Duke coach when Coach K retires.