March 24, 20197 yr Blame UCF for screwing up the lob. Blame UCF for fouling and allowing a shot attempt, thus an and one opportunity. Blame UCF for not securing the defensive rebound on the FT. And how unlucky that tip doesn't go. Keep me out of the group that wants to blame the officials for that result.
March 24, 20197 yr You have to get the rebound on the free throw. No excuses, you have to get it. Missing the lob was brutal. I viewed that as balance. I 100% think they had a shot clock violation that previous possession.
March 24, 20197 yr That’s the madness we’ve been waiting for the last 4 days! Congrats Duke, great game UCF.
March 24, 20197 yr Today was Duke’s chance to lose, no one will play them this close the rest of the way IMO. 3 out of the 4 halves have been dicey for Duke so far. Maybe they will do what you say, but I don’t see how that can be said with confidence. Many said going in that no one would be able to play with them and that has already not proven out.
March 24, 20197 yr I don’t really care that much. I can hardly watch any games any more. I am only writing this post because you seem to be happy Duke won, so CONGRATS! Very happy! Picked them to win in all my brackets!
March 24, 20197 yr See how easy this is Kentucky fans: Duke was very fortunate to win today. It’s not hard to say.
March 24, 20197 yr In all seriousness, UCF showed that they were much better than many thought they were. They have some good years coming if Dawkins stays long enough as a coach and isn’t picked up by another team, which is obviously possible.
March 24, 20197 yr Do you want to acknowledge calls UCF got throughout the game that Duke didn’t, or nah? Not even close. You know it. Go on ahead and say what you want.
March 24, 20197 yr See how easy this is Kentucky fans: Duke was very fortunate to win today. It’s not hard to say. Nah, it doesn’t work like that around here.
March 24, 20197 yr Not even close. You know it. Go on ahead and say what you want. It’s cool. I know you were rooting for UCF. :lol2:
March 24, 20197 yr Author Do you want to acknowledge calls UCF got throughout the game that Duke didn’t, or nah? I'll give you once Zion got clobbered on a shot by Fall and Zion's 3rd foul that charge was not a charge. But I think you would also have to say a couple of trips before he got a foul call on Fall that was clean and also on that last drive Zion definitely pushed off with his right arm. But I will also go on to say that not converting that 2 on 1 was huge. If UCF scores there it is probably over no matter what.
March 24, 20197 yr For those calling for a push in the back by Barrett on the missed FT, that looks extremely weak to me.
March 24, 20197 yr It appeared to me that the refs swallowed their whistle on Zion's drive, the rebound, and the last UCF drive. BUT, don't most of us want the players to decide the game? Got to give it to Zion on his drive...not many players are strong enough to shoot through that contact. Dawkins will be next Duke coach when Coach K retires.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.