What is your Elite 8?

futurecoach

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Florida State where you have Syracuse but this is pretty much how I came down as well.

Debated on Villanova or Purdue in the bottom half of that South Bracket, but I don't really trust any team down there to pull through when things are on the line.

The bottom part of the south bracket is definitely the toughest to predict. There are 4 teams that if they came out of that wouldn’t surprise me at all.

East: Duke vs. Michigan State

West: Florida State vs. Texas Tech (I don't feel great about picking anything in the West bracket but don't think Gonzaga makes it past Syracuse and FSU in succession)

East: Virginia vs. Tennessee

Midwest: UNC vs. Kentucky

Based on how weak the bubble was this year, I'd be shocked if there's a lot of upsets in the tournament. It seems to me that the top teams are a step above everyone and shouldn't be shocked too much. However, I could see Rick Barnes flaming out early like he usually does but if Tennessee plays UVA, I can see Tennessee winning and going to the Final Four.

Duke

Michigan State

Florida State

Michigan

Virginia

Tennessee

North Carolina

Kentucky

What am I missing with Villanova? They’re incredibly average this season.

I think I have Nova to the sweet 16, but they still shoot a lot of threes. So if they happen to be hitting, they are dangerous. However, unlike in the past if they are not hitting they don't really have anything to make up for a cold shooting night. They could possibly be scary though if they are hitting.