Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is your Elite 8?

Featured Replies

I usually enter many bracket contest but I always only use the same picks for each. The elite 8 I came up with on my bracket is:

 

East

1 Duke

2 Michigan State

 

West

4 Florida State

6 Buffalo

 

South

1 Virginia

2 Tennessee

 

Midwest

1 UNC

2. UK

 

FINAL FOUR

1 Duke vs 6 Buffalo

1 Virginia vs 2 UK

 

Championship

1 Duke

2 UK

 

Champion

Kentucky by a score of 76 to 75

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a gut feeling Tennessee doesn’t make it past Cincinnati. I have the same elite 8 but replace Buffalo with Florida State.

Picking with our heart I see. :lol2:

  • Author
Picking with our heart I see. :lol2:

 

Odds are Duke will have at least one off shooting night in 6 games. I'm just hoping it comes when and if UK plays them. If Duke shoots well no one has a shot. However Duke definitely had shown they can be beat if they have an off night shooting which has happened to them a few times this year. So yeah just hoping that is against UK when they have an off night shooting lol.

 

For what it's worth former Duke player Jay William's also picked UK to beat Duke in the finals lol.

I haven't looked hard enough to answer yet, but I think I'll be chalking quite a bit this year.

Odds are Duke will have at least one off shooting night in 6 games. I'm just hoping it comes when and if UK plays them. If Duke shoots well no one has a shot. However Duke definitely had shown they can be beat if they have an off night shooting which has happened to them a few times this year. So yeah just hoping that is against UK when they have an off night shooting lol.

 

For what it's worth former Duke player Jay William's also picked UK to beat Duke in the finals lol.

While I am picking Duke and they are the prohibitive favorites, I saw an interesting stat in that Duke is the worst three point percentage team in the Power 5, and 339th in Division 1, coming in at 30.2% No team has ever advanced to the Final Four, put aside winning the title, being that poor of a shooting team. None of those teams had Zion, so there is also that :lol2:

Odds are Duke will have at least one off shooting night in 6 games. I'm just hoping it comes when and if UK plays them. If Duke shoots well no one has a shot. However Duke definitely had shown they can be beat if they have an off night shooting which has happened to them a few times this year. So yeah just hoping that is against UK when they have an off night shooting lol.

 

For what it's worth former Duke player Jay William's also picked UK to beat Duke in the finals lol.

 

I'm not sure either team makes it, tbh. I just think Duke is a terrible matchup for UK. They are better at every position in the starting five.

I'm not sure either team makes it, tbh. I just think Duke is a terrible matchup for UK. They are better at every position in the starting five.

No way. Travis* > Zion

 

*In the classroom.

I haven't looked hard enough to answer yet, but I think I'll be chalking quite a bit this year.

 

I feel like there's a more noticeable gap between the two seeds and the three and four seeds than I can remember in recent years.

 

Lots of two seeds that have arguments as one seeds. Less so the three seeds that have arguments for twos.

Chalk rarely happens. It’s just hard to figure out where it will not happen.

 

A #11 the last few years makes it to the sweet 16.

  • Author
I'm not sure either team makes it, tbh. I just think Duke is a terrible matchup for UK. They are better at every position in the starting five.

 

At the beginning of the year UK couldn't guard a soul. Plus Duke made double digit threes on them. Zion and RJ will still get theirs, but UK defende is a top 15 defense since that day. So they should do a much better job limiting the others. So if the other players arent shooting good to help the points Zion and Rj will put up. Then yes UK would have a shot. Hagans, Herro, Washington are all also a lot better since that game.

 

Once again though if Duke is shooting good no one has a shot.

No idea. Duke and Carolina will be there. Will have to get back on the rest.

East:

Duke

Tennessee

 

West:

Gonzaga

Buffalo

 

South:

Virginia

Purdue

 

Midwest:

North Carolina

Kentucky

 

Final 4:

Duke vs Gonzaga

North Carolina vs. Kentucky

 

Finals:

Duke vs North Carolina

North Carolina wins 83-78

Duke, Sparty, Syracuse, Michigan, Virginia, Villanova, North Carolina, Kentucky.

Duke, Sparty, Syracuse, Michigan, Virginia, Villanova, North Carolina, Kentucky.

 

I have Florida State where you have Syracuse but this is pretty much how I came down as well.

 

Debated on Villanova or Purdue in the bottom half of that South Bracket, but I don't really trust any team down there to pull through when things are on the line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.