What is your Elite 8?

futurecoach

I usually enter many bracket contest but I always only use the same picks for each. The elite 8 I came up with on my bracket is:

East

1 Duke

2 Michigan State

West

4 Florida State

6 Buffalo

South

1 Virginia

2 Tennessee

Midwest

1 UNC

2. UK

FINAL FOUR

1 Duke vs 6 Buffalo

1 Virginia vs 2 UK

Championship

1 Duke

2 UK

Champion

Kentucky by a score of 76 to 75

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking with our heart I see. :lol2:

Odds are Duke will have at least one off shooting night in 6 games. I'm just hoping it comes when and if UK plays them. If Duke shoots well no one has a shot. However Duke definitely had shown they can be beat if they have an off night shooting which has happened to them a few times this year. So yeah just hoping that is against UK when they have an off night shooting lol.

For what it's worth former Duke player Jay William's also picked UK to beat Duke in the finals lol.

Odds are Duke will have at least one off shooting night in 6 games. I'm just hoping it comes when and if UK plays them. If Duke shoots well no one has a shot. However Duke definitely had shown they can be beat if they have an off night shooting which has happened to them a few times this year. So yeah just hoping that is against UK when they have an off night shooting lol.

For what it's worth former Duke player Jay William's also picked UK to beat Duke in the finals lol.

While I am picking Duke and they are the prohibitive favorites, I saw an interesting stat in that Duke is the worst three point percentage team in the Power 5, and 339th in Division 1, coming in at 30.2% No team has ever advanced to the Final Four, put aside winning the title, being that poor of a shooting team. None of those teams had Zion, so there is also that :lol2:

I'm not sure either team makes it, tbh. I just think Duke is a terrible matchup for UK. They are better at every position in the starting five.

I haven't looked hard enough to answer yet, but I think I'll be chalking quite a bit this year.

I feel like there's a more noticeable gap between the two seeds and the three and four seeds than I can remember in recent years.

Lots of two seeds that have arguments as one seeds. Less so the three seeds that have arguments for twos.

I'm not sure either team makes it, tbh. I just think Duke is a terrible matchup for UK. They are better at every position in the starting five.

At the beginning of the year UK couldn't guard a soul. Plus Duke made double digit threes on them. Zion and RJ will still get theirs, but UK defende is a top 15 defense since that day. So they should do a much better job limiting the others. So if the other players arent shooting good to help the points Zion and Rj will put up. Then yes UK would have a shot. Hagans, Herro, Washington are all also a lot better since that game.

Once again though if Duke is shooting good no one has a shot.

Duke, Sparty, Syracuse, Michigan, Virginia, Villanova, North Carolina, Kentucky.

I have Florida State where you have Syracuse but this is pretty much how I came down as well.

Debated on Villanova or Purdue in the bottom half of that South Bracket, but I don't really trust any team down there to pull through when things are on the line.