Dontaie Allen Named 2019 Mr. Kentucky Basketball

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question. If KyKy Tandy was signed to play at UK and Dontaie was going elsewhere, would Dontaie still have won the award? Not that he wasn’t deserving.

I do not think Dontaie wins if the roles are reversed.

And the Dontaie should have won crowd would be super loud right about now also.

While this will debated pro and con ad infinitum, Dontaie certainly played and produced enough to validate his status as the leading candidate for this prestigious award.

Being a UK commit certainly didn't hurt.

I have a feeling this is going to the 3rd time in the last 4 years that Mr. Basketball and the Kentucky Gatorade Player of the Year are going to be different. It’s a bad look.

2016 - Mr. Basketball - Carson Williams

Gatorade POY - Quentin Goodin

2018 - Mr. Basketball - Trevon Faulkner

Gatorade POY - CJ Frederick

2019 - Mr. Basketball - Dontaie Allen

Gatorade POY - ???

The system is very flawed. I’ll never understand how you can play in 12.5 of your team’s 28 games and win Mr. Basketball.

Flawed? I once read Dontaie Allen put up 32 and 16 as a freshman, on a stout Paris team. Dontaie has been a stud since his freshman year.

I’m sure the other candidates are disappointed that they didn’t receive the award under any circumstances. And behind closed doors they are probably letting that be known. But it’s amusing(sad, but amusing)that adults are reacting publicly as they are, but a couple of the candidates, Moreno and Johnson, are mature enough to congratulate their fellow candidate.

I’m sure the other candidates are disappointed that they didn’t receive the award under any circumstances. And behind closed doors they are probably letting that be known. But it’s amusing(sad, but amusing)that adults are reacting publicly as they are, but a couple of the candidates, Moreno and Johnson, are mature enough to congratulate their fellow candidate.

Nothing wrong with kids being politically correct.