Dontaie Allen Named 2019 Mr. Kentucky Basketball

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to play Devil's Advocate... What if two players in consideration make the Sweet 16, after having very similar success in the regular season. If one shines in the Sweet 16, against the best the state has to offer, that doesn't warrant any consideration?

But even Sweet 16 paths can be very different. Not necessarily playing the best of the best every game.

I'm fine with it being picked after the regionals are over...in the case you make, sure it would be nice. But I don't want Paul Andrews winning because he hits a half court shot to win the title and says he's going to UK afterwards.

It's easy to say that in a vacuum. How many of the others that didn't attend UK played less than half the games their senior year?

My point is, I think the UK connection to the title is way overblown.

I'll say it again, if he was hurt the first half of the season then came on and scored 50 a game during the last half of the year...no one would penalize him for his injury.

If he was going ANY place else to play college ball, you'd probably care a lot less that he won too...:lol2:

My point is, I think the UK connection to the title is way overblown.

I'll say it again, if he was hurt the first half of the season then came on and scored 50 a game during the last half of the year...no one would penalize him for his injury.

If he was going ANY place else to play college ball, you'd probably care a lot less that he won too...:lol2:

If he was going anywhere else, he wouldn't have won. :idunno:

And let's not pretend I'm the only one with that opinion because of who I root for... :rolleyes:

What teams did he play against in his 13 games?

Both DA and Kyky played against Cooper, statistically one of the top 3 defenses in the state.

DA scored 10.

Kyky scored 22.

Personally, I think the senior season should be the primary indicator in voting. If you look at careers, some kids get to play in the 8th grade, especially in smaller school systems which I feel is an unfair indicator with total points scored ...

My vote would got to Kyky.

No? He played 13 games. That's not a season.

Does him scoring 42.92% ppg factor at all into your assessment of who was the best???

Considering that he was capable, due to injury, of only playing close to a half a season, does his undeniable talent and predictable capabilities with plentiful supportive past performances at all factor in either?

He isn't, in your estimation, at least worthy of "The Best Player" consideration?

Does him scoring 42.92% ppg factor at all into your assessment of who was the best???

Considering that he was capable, due to injury, of only playing close to a half a season, does his undeniable talent and predictable capabilities with plentiful supportive past performances at all factor in either?

He isn't, in your estimation, at least worthy of "The Best Player" consideration?

Sure it does.

Who he scored 42.92ppg also factors into it.

If he had averaged those numbers for an entire season, he's undoubtedly Mr. Basketball. But, he didn't.