GOREDDEVILS

Dontaie Allen Named 2019 Mr. Kentucky Basketball

So happy for our PC guy! Congrats to a fine basketball player and a great person.

The system is very flawed. I’ll never understand how you can play in 12.5 of your team’s 28 games and win Mr. Basketball.

The system is very flawed. I’ll never understand how you can play in 12.5 of your team’s 28 games and win Mr. Basketball.

Career award.

Bad situation for him getting hurt, but it’s a tough argument to say he’s not the best player in the state.

No doubt he gets the award with a full season but I'm not sure I agree with the decision. I saw a voter on Twitter state he voted for Moreno due to Allen's injury. That makes a ton of sense.

Congratulations to Dontaie! :thumb: Superb player and young man.

Congrats also to Tandy, Johnson, Moreno, Rode, etc. on fine seasons and careers. Dontaie Allen winning this does not negate their own greatness. It's been a privilege to see each one of those young men play. :thumb:

Bad situation for him getting hurt, but it’s a tough argument to say he’s not the best player in the state.

That same argument can be made by a hand full of other players.

In 13 games he scored 558 points and averaged 42.92 ppg, probably still more than most of those in the running for Mr. Basketball had scored in 30 games.

I've no problem with him earning this award, it's a no brainer that the kid was the best player in the state, injury or not.

I think he is the most talented player in the state. I also think he should never have won this award.

Both statements can be true.

I think he is the most talented player in the state. I also think he should never have won this award.

Both statements can be true.

I for one have to agree with you, totally unfair to the other kids.